Our friend Denver Riddle over at colorGradingCentral has come up with this FCPX plugin that will appeal to many of our HDSLR readers – it does a quick bang up job of creating a cinema look and feel for your DSLR video footage! Here's what cineLook for HDSLRs will do for you:
Tired of your HDSLR footage looking like video? Add a clean film look to your HDSLR footage with this plugin for FCP X.
The plugin was purpose built based on years of experience color correcting HDSLR material and client request for a clean film like look.
It includes support for Technicolor Cinestyle and basic noise reduction.
Here's what it does:
- Easily imitate the color and look of film
- Add “S” curve similar to Technicolor LUT for CineStyle
- Basic noise reduction
- Add 2.35:1 Letterboxing
- Add film effects like grain and dust
- Add customizable vignette
What do you think?
So, doesn't cineLook seem useful? As a guy who's never done any color grading (yet), this looks like it is one handy way to do that work without having to learn all the details… or is that just taking the easy way out?
I can't wait to get my hands on cineLook for HDSLRs.
Blogger's Disclaimer: planet5D is an affiliate for color grading central and we do get a small commission to feed my family.
(cover photo credit: snap from the video)
Latest posts by planetMitch (see all)
- My RØDE Reel: Watch Films and Vote! - August 21, 2018
- Sigma 14mm F1.8 Art, 135mm F1.8 Art and 70mm F2.8 MACRO Art Lenses for Sony E-Mount Now Shipping - August 17, 2018
- Create Powerful Films with Hurlbut Visuals Course on Cinematography - August 16, 2018