Here are a few things we’ve found around the web that are cool. (Curated by Matthew Carew)
We live in an age where social media allows us to connect with people around the world through the touch of a button. But what about back in 1991, when social media didn’t exist? This photography enthusiast tells a story about how social media helped him find out more information about the prints that he purchased in 1991 when the internet wasn’t an option.
- How social media solved a 1970s era Newfoundland photography mystery (CBC)
This journalist talks about what she learned when she took a course aimed at improving your Instagram photography skills, as well as some of the new features that the new Huawei phones have.
- I got a lesson in Instagram photography – here's what I Learned (Independent.IE)
The ‘Magicians of Light’ will showcase some of the best cinematography in recent films. This article talks about some of the films that are being showcased!
- DFI Cinema: ‘Magicians of the Light’ screenings showcase 5 iconic films by cinematography masters (I Love Qatar)
We’ve all seen the photos that show the carnage and devastation that hurricane Florence left behind. For most people, hearing the word hurricane is enough to set you running to safer grounds, but for photojournalists it means work and money. This article talks about how photojournalists prepare for natural disasters, and the dangers they must endure.
- Preparing for Hurricane Florence when you are a photographer (Popular Photography)
The American Society of Cinematographers has begun construction on the ASC ARRI Educational Centre. The building is meant to ‘advance the companies longstanding commitment to educating the next generation of filmmakers’. This is big news for people interested in cinematography as a career!
- American Society of Cinematographers Breaks Ground on ARRI Educational Center (Broadcasting Cable)
Get the latest Deals on Camera Gear HERE.
(cover photo credit: DFI Cinema via I Love Qatar)
Some of his favorite photographic subjects include aerial photography, urban photography and landscape photography but also has a keen interest in all aspects of photography, as well as cinematography. Matthew shoots on a Nikon D5500 and a DJI Phantom 4 drone.
He dreams of being a film director one day and is currently working on getting into film school.
Latest posts by Matthew Carew (see all)
- Toronto Photography Project, Fall Photos, Cool Photography Books and More – planetOids – 2018-10-12 - October 12, 2018
- History of Photographyy, Handmade Ultra Large Format Camera, Film Photography and More – planetOids – 2018-10-11 - October 11, 2018
- Actors Turned Film Directors, Best Architectural Photography, Photobox Instagram Photography Awards and More – planetOids – 2018-10-05 - October 5, 2018