Here are a few things we've found around the web that are cool. (Curated by Matthew Carew)
I think many people can relate to this article, as it talks about a subject that is often brought up and questioned: How much Photoshop is too much? With the ability to paste a dinosaur into a simple shot of a city in seconds, can these powers be abused and over-used? This article talks about this, and explains what a photographer did when her Photoshop use was in question.
These are some of the coolest photos I’ve seen! Check out how this photographer created super-surreal photos without any photoshop!
This next article is super cool! A designer has used aerial photographs to generate a design for tiles! More information along with photos of the tiles are in the link below!
- Aerial Photography of Northern California Fuels Fireclay Tile Collection (Interior Design)
One of the most common types of photography seen is portrait photography. With the coming new technology every day, there are lots of options available when deciding what type of lens or camera to use. This article by Adorama talks about the Sony FE 85mm F1.8 E-mount NEX lens and why it is a preferred lens when it comes to portraits.
- How the Sony 85mm Prime Lens Is Changing the Portrait Photography Game (Adorama)
Renowned photographer and film director Wim Wenders has stated that he thinks photography is dead, because of mobile photography and the impact it has had on photography as a whole. In this video, the polaroid fan expresses his opinions on mobile photography.
- Wim Wenders: photography is “More dead than ever” thanks to smartphones (Australian Photography)
Got your film in post-production? Here's how to create a memorable score, with Carlo Giacco. ‘Creators' is RØDE's latest Educational Series encompassing the heart and art of filmmaking. Learn from the pros.
- Watch Creator Series (RØDE Microphones)
Lowepro DroneGuard Pro 450 Lightweight Backpack for DJI Phantom Quadcopters
Reg Price $275 | Sale Price $100 | Exp 08/10
Lowepro Fastpack 250 Digital SLR & Widescreen Notebook Backpack, Water Resistant & 180-Degree Access Panel – Black
Regular Price $130 | Sale Price $50
Westone UM 1 Single-Driver Stereo In-Ear Headphones with Replaceable Cable, Smoke
Regular Price $100 | Sale Price $50
Get the latest Deals on Camera Gear HERE.
(cover photo credit: snap from Lilia Alvarado Photography via My Modern Met)
Some of his favorite photographic subjects include aerial photography, urban photography and landscape photography but also has a keen interest in all aspects of photography, as well as cinematography. Matthew shoots on a Nikon D5500 and a DJI Phantom 4 drone.
He dreams of being a film director one day and is currently working on getting into film school.
Latest posts by Matthew Carew (see all)
- Toronto Photography Project, Fall Photos, Cool Photography Books and More – planetOids – 2018-10-12 - October 12, 2018
- History of Photographyy, Handmade Ultra Large Format Camera, Film Photography and More – planetOids – 2018-10-11 - October 11, 2018
- Actors Turned Film Directors, Best Architectural Photography, Photobox Instagram Photography Awards and More – planetOids – 2018-10-05 - October 5, 2018