planetMitch note: We've started a new series! Here are a few things we've found around the web that are cool. Curated by Matthew Carew.
We’ve all heard the word ‘mirrorless’ more frequently than ever recently, but many of us choose to stick with our mirrored DSLRs. But is a new age of photography coming? This article discusses the rise of mirrorless cameras and explains why the future of photography and videography may be changed forever.
- Is the Photography World Really About to Change Completely? (fstoppers)
$1,200 for a point and shoot camera!? The Sony RX100 VI made headlines for its impressive focal range of 24-200mm. But is the $1,200 point and shoot worth the crazy price tag? This article is an in-depth review by Adorama, full of examples and information about the Sony RX100 VI.
- Hands-On Review: Testing the Sony RX100 VI, the Most Powerful Pocket Camera (Adorama)
- Check out related planet5D posts:
With the release of their app on Android and IOS, Moment has made yet another attempt at turning a smartphone camera into a DSLR equivalent. The app allows you to control focus manually, and lets you control many independent aspects of your phone's camera such as shutter speed, ISO, etc… This article by Forbes talks more about this exciting release!
- Moment Camera App Comes To Android With RAW Capture And Manual Mode (Forbes)
The Gladius underwater drone is really quite an amazing piece of technology. It is literally a drone that can ‘fly’ or, ‘swim’ underwater. Allowing 1080P/4K Video, it is a very capable machine and will change the way that people see the ocean. Below, I’ve linked an article with more information, as well as a couple videos that show the Gladius Underwater Drone up close and in action.
- GLADIUS Advanced Pro Smart Underwater Drone (Gadget Flow)
Here's a review of it.
GLADIUS Underwater FPV ROV Drone Review – Part 1 – Unboxing, Inspection, Setup
Gladius checking out a shipwreck.
Gladius ROV Explores A Shipwreck
Yuneec’s Typhoon H-Plus is set to ship next month! For those who ordered one, this is very exciting news! To read more about this and also more about the Typhoon, check out the linked article!
- Yuneec’s Upgraded Typhoon H Plus to Ship Next Month (dronelife)
Get the latest Deals on Camera Gear HERE.
(cover photo credit: snap from Gadget Flow)
Some of his favorite photographic subjects include aerial photography, urban photography and landscape photography but also has a keen interest in all aspects of photography, as well as cinematography. Matthew shoots on a Nikon D5500 and a DJI Phantom 4 drone.
He dreams of being a film director one day and is currently working on getting into film school.
Latest posts by Matthew Carew (see all)
- Toronto Photography Project, Fall Photos, Cool Photography Books and More – planetOids – 2018-10-12 - October 12, 2018
- History of Photographyy, Handmade Ultra Large Format Camera, Film Photography and More – planetOids – 2018-10-11 - October 11, 2018
- Actors Turned Film Directors, Best Architectural Photography, Photobox Instagram Photography Awards and More – planetOids – 2018-10-05 - October 5, 2018