Post by guest planet5D writer Kevin McCarthy.
- 10.2MP high-sensitivity MOS sensor with multi-aspect and dual native ISO (400 & 2,500) with a range from 160 – 51,200; extendable to 80 – 204,800.
- Unlimited in-camera recording of C4K: 60p50p 8-bit, 30p25p/24p 4:2:2 10-bit, 4K: 60p50p 4:2:0 8-bit, 30p/25p/24p 4:2:2 10-bit. 1080p up to 240fps and C4K 60p VFR.
- 4K Anamorphic professional video production interchangeable lens camera system with high performance, durability, and mobility.
- TC In/Out / Synchro Terminal (via included BNC cable), 3.5mm Mic Jack with Line Input, 3.5mm headphone jack 2.5mm remote socket, HDMI Type A Socket, USB-C 3.1 Socket.
- Dual SD Card slots (UHS-II U3 Compatible), V-LogL pre-installed, and 4K HDR hybrid log gamma support.
- The cost for this feature packed Micro 4/3? $2,497.99 (body only). The Lumix GH5s is available for pre-order at Adorama with an expected ship date of February 4, 2018.
See the full list of features HERE.
Panasonic Lumix GH5S Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera
- 10.28MP Multi Aspect Ratio MOS Sensor
- DCI 4K60p and Full HD 1080/240p Video
- Internal 4:2:2 10-Bit Long GOP
- V-Log L Gamma and HDR Hybrid Log Gamma
- 0.76x 3.68m-Dot OLED Viewfinder
- 3.2″ 1.62m-Dot Free-Angle Touchscreen
- Dual Native ISO 400 and ISO 2500
- Dual UHS-II SD Slots; Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
- Advanced DFD AF System
- 12 fps Cont. Shooting and 4K PHOTO Modes
Hands-On Review | Panasonic Lumix GH5S
Proving that they can push the GH-series even farther into the video realm, the Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5S is a mirrorless Micro Four Thirds camera optimized for movie recording and low-light performance. Revolving around a 10.28MP Digital Live MOS sensor, DCI and UHD 4K video recording is possible at up to 60p and the large individual pixel size also affords impressive low-light performance to an extended ISO 204800, along with Dual Native ISO technology at ISO 400 and ISO 2500.
Coupled with an updated Venus Engine, the sensor and processor combination also enables faster readout speeds along with 1.3x less rolling shutter distortion compared to previous GH-series cameras.
Internal DCI 4K30p recording is available with 4:2:2 10-bit sampling and a full-size HDMI A connector can be used to simultaneously output to an optional external monitor or recorder. The sensor's extended sensitivity range has also been used to promote working with V-Log L and Hybrid Log Gamma HDR modes for effectively increasing your dynamic range and affording more flexibility when color grading during post-production.
Read more about Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5S at B&H.
Here are some latest videos from the web featuring the Panasonic Lumix GH5S.
LUMIX GH5S | What's new
GH5S by Filmmaker Luke Neumann in the BTS of ‘The Middle Path'
GH5S by Filmmaker Jacob Schwarz in Low-Light Shooting
NEW Lumix GH5S | Incredible filmmaking potential, in your hands
TCSTV Live: Introducing the Panasonic GH5S with Tyler Knight
Panasonic GH5S Footage – a Mini Documentary
THE MAN BEHIND THE PANASONIC GH5S
Panasonic GH5s Preview | Features & Impressions
Panasonic Lumix GH5s im Review | CHIP
GH5S vs GH5 Comparison ►Which One Is Right For You?
(cover photo credit: snap from B&H)