Make Movies Without Money: Microbudget Filmmaking for Students, Photographers and Other Starving Artists
– A shortcut to “thinking in shots” that will allow you to instantly grasp the vital concept of shot selection.
– Detailed recipes for cinema-style lighting, including how to use (and not use!) three-point lighting, and how to work with available light.
– A crash-course in field audio engineering: one of the most problematic areas for rookie filmmakers.
– Five techniques to get attention-grabbing shots using no more than a tripod..
– Everything you need to know about DSLR video production, including an overview of depth-of-field considerations, dual-system sound, and pulling focus without a follow-focus.
– A detailed understanding of the three exposure variables, and how to use them in the cinematic style.
– How to achieve professional results even if you don't have most of the gear you've been told you need.
– A plain-English explanation of codecs, resolution, framerates, pixel aspect ratios and other technical gremlins.
– Clear recommendations on equipment that offers the best bang for your buck.
– And much, much more!