Here are a few things we’ve found around the web that are cool. (Curated by Matthew Carew)
In an age where taking a professional photo is as easy as pulling out your smartphone and pressing a button, it is sometimes good to take a step back and use some of the original cameras that the pioneers of photography used. This article talks about a photography festival that uses toy cameras, and links a website that has some really cool photos displayed!
- Lo-fi photography is taking over Somerville this month (New Haven Register)
Survey and ocean photography is a big business! This article talks about some of the stats found from this survey!
- Survey: Ocean and Coastal Photography is Big Business (Maritime Executive)
Attention photographers from Melbourne, Australia! Street photographers wanted for an upcoming photography festival! Check out this article!
- Melbourne street photographers wanted for new exhibition (Australian Photography)
Chayse Irvin first made a name for himself when he directed music videos such as Beyonce’s “Lemonade” and Kendrick Lamar’s short film “m.a.a.d.”. His talent was spotted by Spike Lee, and he was hired as the cinematographer for Spike Lee’s latest film, ‘BlacKkKlansman’. This article talks about how Lee discovered Irvin and both of their work.
- ‘BlacKkKlansman’: Spike Lee Sought Out the Radical Cinematographer Who Shot Beyoncé’s ‘Lemonade’ (IndieWire)
Here’s a full list of the nominees and winners of the 2018 Creative Arts Emmys.
- 2018 Creative Arts Emmy winners: Full list of nominees and winners in all categories (Gold Derby)
Get the latest Deals on Camera Gear HERE.
(cover photo credit: Maritime Executive)
Some of his favorite photographic subjects include aerial photography, urban photography and landscape photography but also has a keen interest in all aspects of photography, as well as cinematography. Matthew shoots on a Nikon D5500 and a DJI Phantom 4 drone.
He dreams of being a film director one day and is currently working on getting into film school.
Latest posts by Matthew Carew (see all)
- Toronto Photography Project, Fall Photos, Cool Photography Books and More – planetOids – 2018-10-12 - October 12, 2018
- History of Photographyy, Handmade Ultra Large Format Camera, Film Photography and More – planetOids – 2018-10-11 - October 11, 2018
- Actors Turned Film Directors, Best Architectural Photography, Photobox Instagram Photography Awards and More – planetOids – 2018-10-05 - October 5, 2018