Here are a few things we’ve found around the web that are cool. (Curated by Matthew Carew)
Jimmy Chin is a world-renowned climber, National Geographic photographer, and filmmaker. He recently worked on a film that involved many dangerous shots and actions by himself and his crew. In this article, he discusses some of the dangers they encountered while making the film.
- ‘Free Solo’ Co-Director and DP Jimmy Chin on the Risks and Rewards of Action Cinematography (Studio Daily)
Stay up to date on the biggest news in the world of cameras. From the Ricoh GR III to Sigmas announcement of five new lenses, this article covers it all. (Gear Patrol)
- The Biggest Camera News from the World’s Biggest Photography Show ‘So Far’ (Gear Patrol)
Nobody wants to be ‘the new guy’ on set. This is an article that can help anybody that is new to filmmaking!
- How to NOT Come Across as the Newbie on Set (Backstage)
Many filmmakers hold strong opinions about film school in general. Ethan Hawke has some suggestions to make film schools better. Check out this article where we hear some of his ideas.
- Ethan Hawke Has One Fix to Make Film Schools Better: Teach Directors About Acting (Indiewire)
Candid photos are a photographic category of their own. There is a secret to capturing a good candid shot, and this article talks about just that!
- Photography lesson: Patience, good luck behind quality candid shots (Simcoe.com)
Get the latest Deals on Camera Gear HERE.
(cover photo credit: From Source in post)