planetMitch note: We're starting a new series… hopefully every couple of days… things we've found around the web that are cool. Curated by Matthew Hauser
Get the latest Deals on Camera Gear HERE.
Here’s a timely article that will be really good for everyone who plans to capture the July 4th fireworks.
- How to photograph the July 4th fireworks on your smartphone (USA Today)
Here’s an article talking about some upcoming workshops held by Sigma.
- Sigma America's July Lens Workshops (Photography Blog)
Fujifilm recently announced a new entry-level oriented camera that targets people just getting into photography. It looks pretty decent, a bit better than a typical smartphone camera.
- Fujifilm announces new X-T100 camera for entry-level photography (Good Gear Guide)
- Light, the startup that made a $2,000 camera with 16 lenses, is planning a 9-lens smartphone to be released later this year (Business Insider)
Using the back button for focus and the shutter solely for taking the photo is really useful.
- PhotoFit #4 (How I learned to Love Back Button Focus) (SuperClearyPhoto)
Of course, we have to follow up with planetMitch's overly excited video about the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV and back button focus:
Back Button Focus on Steroids! Only on Canon EOS 5D Mark IV – 12 Back Button Focus Options!
(cover photo credit: snap from USA Today)
Latest posts by planetMitch (see all)
- EOS Canon EOS C500 Mark II Storms on to the Professional Video Market - September 5, 2019
- the 5DayDeal Video Creator's Bundle is HERE! - June 7, 2019
- It is all about story - June 6, 2019