Post by guest planet5D writer Kevin McCarthy.
Today, DJI officially launched their all new Mavic Air drone. It is essentially a perfect cross between the existing Mavic Pro and the Spark, which was exactly what their customer base have been requesting.
The Mavic Air comes with a 3 axis camera using a 1:2.3 CMOS sensor allowing for 4k video at 30 FPS (recorded using h.264 at 100mbs!) and 12 megapixel photos, a first for a drone is small and compact as the Mavic Air. There is even an automated panorama capture mode resulting in a 32 megapixel photo.
If that were not enough, DJI has packed a ton of super smart features and three direction collision avoidance into this tiny package. This little piece of advanced technology comes in three colors: Artic White, Onyx Black & Flame Red. The Mavic Air is available for pre-order from DJI.com and select retailers. Price starts at $799 and includes a radio. Shipping starts January 28th.
Visit DJI.com for full specs as well as samples of video and photos..
DJI – Mavic Air – Elegance and Power
The DJI Mavic Air is a marvel of engineering and design, entirely created to give beginner and experienced drone users the perfect blend of performance and ease-of-use in an ultracompact size. With foldable arms to let users take anywhere, revolutionary and subtle updates in UAV design to enhance the flying experience, and built-in safety features and visual systems, the Mavic Air is both an advanced drone and easy-to-use device.
DJI Mavic Air (Arctic White)
- Capture 4K Video and 12MP Photos
- 3-Axis Gimbal-Stabilized Camera
- GPS- & Vision Position-Based Navigation
- 8GB of Internal Storage
- FlightAutonomy with Obstacle Detection
- Top Speed of 43 mph in Sport Mode
- ActiveTrack Subject Tracking Modes
- Up to 21 Minutes Flight Time
- Foldable, Portable Body
You can pre-order your DJI Mavic Air at B&H.
(cover photo credit: snap from DJI)
Latest posts by Keith Alvendia (see all)
- Memory Card Survived Melted NASA Camera After Rocket Launch - June 6, 2018
- DJI Officially Launches All New Mavic Air - January 23, 2018
- Free Limited Edition Flight-Case with Your Robot Skin GH5 Purchase - October 30, 2017