My friends over at RØDE Microphones have put together this very good overview and behind-the-scenes of what they did to set up the recording of the boss' new car.
The tutorials and behind-the-scenes are pretty cool and informative… especially if you have to record any audio of cars for your film projects. Especially cool is the video below showing how to use the smartLav and using your smartphone to record pretty darn good audio!
I like one of the comments on the first video on youtube…
More like Røad Microphones…
Via RØDE Press:
When founder and owner of RØDE Microphones, Peter Freedman AM, acquired the first Nissan Nismo GTR in Australia – the RØDE production team headed out to a private racetrack to put the car and RØDE mics through their paces.
This three-episode mini series, documented by the team at RØDE Microphones and hosted by Senior Sales Manager/Product Specialist Ryan Burke, details a variety of different car mic’ing and set-up techniques. From a Professional Setup to one using three iPhones, each bite-sized episode demonstrates the appropriate gear to use and shows best methods for capturing the intricacies and complexities of performance car audio.
- Episode 1: presents and details a Pro Microphone Setup by the RØDE recording team. This provides a comprehensive overview of car mic’ing techniques with of a range of microphones from RØDE – from the accessible SmartLav+ to the flagship NT6.
- Episode 2: shows how to get incredible recording results with just 3 SmartLav+s and 3 iPhones.
- Episode 3: titled ‘Three Things You Should Know,’ covers the essential considerations when recording performance racing. Including the required microphones, how to tailor the setup to get the greatest quality of sound, and safety hazards you should be aware of to avoid damaging the car, equipment and yourself.
“RØDE Racing is a continuation of RØDE’s dedication to educational content”, said Damien Wilson – CEO of RØDE Microphones. “We are excited to bring this to our audience and show the true versatility and high performance of RØDE microphones in the field.”
An exciting first from RØDE Microphones, RØDE Racing showcases yet another way creators, filmmakers, sound engineers and (officially!) car enthusiasts can put their RØDE microphones to use. Make sure to check out the episodes and all the microphones used at www.roderacing.com
About RØDE Microphones:
RØDE Microphones (www.rode.com) designs and manufactures high-quality microphones and related accessories for studio, live and location use. Its products are designed and primarily manufactured in Sydney, Australia and exported to over 113 countries globally. Freedman Electronics is celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2017.
(cover photo credit: snap from RODE Microphones)
Latest posts by planetMitch (see all)
- Frame.IO Called Company to Watch Out For in 2018 According to VCs - December 11, 2017
- Cinemartin Spider Dual Slider Announced - December 11, 2017
- Meet the Most Portable, Adaptable and Intuitive Movi Smartphone Cinema Robot - December 8, 2017