This is an interesting idea to combine both a Stereo & Mono Video Microphone into one unit… I'm wondering if my friends (and sponsor) at RØDE are working on something like this. LOL I don't know.
But when I ran into this review, I thought it was intriguing enough to share with our readers.
Would you have a need for one? Do you carry both a stereo mic and a mono boom mic? I do sometimes.
Especially when I want some room ambiance or natural sounds, I want that stereo mic. What would you do?
Stereo & mono microphone with killer features for videography
Also, this video mic allows you to switch between Mono (directional) and Stereo recording modes
The Azden SMX-30: Handcrafted in Japan To Be the Ultimate Video Microphone
Azden SMX-30 Stereo-/Mono-Switchable Video Microphone
- Stereo and Mono Recording Modes
- -10, 0, and +20 dB Level Adjustment
- 1/8″ Stereo Mini-Jack Output
- -10 dB Pad
- Selectable @ 120 Hz Low-Cut Filter
- Operates on Two AA Batteries
- Low Noise & High Sensitivity
- 40 Hz to 20 kHz Frequency Response
- Integrated Shock-Absorbing Shoe Mount
- Includes Foam Windscreen & Carry Pouch
The SMX-30 Stereo-/Mono-Switchable Video Microphone from Azden is a battery-powered microphone with separate stereo- and shotgun-style microphone units that can be switched between mono and stereo recording modes. It can be used to produce pro-quality sound for DSLRs and other compact cameras in applications for interviews, weddings, presentations, and more.
Read more about the specs and features of the SMX-30 at B&H.
(cover photo credit: snap from video)
Latest posts by planetMitch (see all)
- Disney and Redrock Micro Collaborate to Bring New Technologies to Market - March 16, 2018
- Panasonic EVA1 vs Canon C200 – Camera Shootout 2018 - March 13, 2018
- Photographer Accused of Stealing an Image Discovers That Both He and the Other Photographer Captured the Exact Millisecond in Time - March 8, 2018