4-Night “Dark-Sky” Astro Time-lapse Workshops Announced in Moab, Utah
Intimate Astro Time-lapse Workshops in Arches & Canyonlands National Park
Use “PLANET5D” Promo Code to Save $100 Off Registration
Moab, Utah – November, 2017 — TimelapseWorkshops.com announces that early registration is now open for their 4-Night Dark-Sky Astro Time-lapse Workshops in Moab, Utah. Timelapse Moab is one of the only workshops in the U.S. that focuses on teaching advanced time lapse photography & motion control time lapse, providing the skills needed to create breathtaking time lapses for licensing, television, and film.
Moab, Utah is home to Arches National Park and Canyonlands National Park, and is located just 90 minutes from Grand Junction, CO or 4 hours from Salt Lake City. Workshop instructor Ron Risman leads workshops in Moab, Utah due to the incredible red-rock landscape, dry desert weather, and extremely dark skies. The dates of this workshop also correspond to the dates of the new moon, allowing participants the ability to capture stunning Milky Way time-lapses using their DSLR or Mirrorless camera and an intervalometer.
Those attending Timelapse Moab will learn
- How to capture and produce flicker-free time-lapses
- How to set up your dSLR to shoot time lapses
- How to capture day to night time-lapses
- How to capture dynamic HDR time-lapses
- How to find focus and composition in the dark
- How to location scout before arriving to a given destination
- Why and when to “drag the shutter” when capturing time lapse
- How to select the camera settings for your time lapse
- How to alter the overall feel and pacing of your time-lapses
- How to inexpensively light your foregrounds like a pro
- Post Production: Learn Adobe Lightroom, LRTimelapse & More.
- Post Production: Tips & Tricks to save a time-lapse
- Post Production: Advanced ramping techniques using LRTimelapse
- Using motion-control to take your time-lapses to the next level
Very Limited Seating
Timelapse Moab is limited to just 12 participants for each workshop. This ensures a more intimate workshop experience with a 6:1 teacher/student ratio.
Each of our Moab workshops sell out well in advanced. Register today to guarantee a spot at our upcoming spring workshops.
Date: May 10-14th
4-Day & Night Advanced Timelapse Workshop
5/9: Arrive into Moab
5/10: Classroom & On-Location Shoot & Instruction
5/11: Classroom & On-Location Shoot & Instruction
5/12: Classroom & On-Location Shoot & Instruction
5/13: Classroom & On-Location Shoot & Instruction
Date: May 15-19th
4-Day & Night Advanced Motion Control Timelapse Workshop
5/14: Arrive into Moab
5/15: Classroom & On-Location Shoot & Instruction
5/16: Classroom & On-Location Shoot & Instruction
5/17: Classroom & On-Location Shoot & Instruction
5/18: Classroom & On-Location Shoot & Instruction
Get more information at www.timelapseworkshops.com
About Timelapse Moab
Timelapse Moab was started in 2013 by time-lapse specialist and instructor Ron Risman as a way to teach advanced time lapse skills to photographers, cinematographers, and editors. The popularity of time-lapse photography has exploded over the past few years, both commercially and as an art form. This workshop teaches in just a few days what would normally takes months or years to learn and perfect.
In the past few years Ron work has been used by Land Rover, FOX CT News, WFTV-9 Orlando, Liberty Mutual, Restoration Hardware, Berklee College, HBO, and iTTQ-Japan. Ron’s production studio has also been the recipient of two WEVA International Creative Excellence Awards.
(cover photo credit: snap from Ron Risman)
Latest posts by planetMitch (see all)
- Blackmagic Pocket Camera 4K vs Arri Alexa - October 9, 2018
- Unboxing and First Impressions on Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K - October 3, 2018
- GoPro Hero7 “The Gimbal Killer” – Will This Bring Them Back? - September 25, 2018