We completed the giveaway for the ProMediaGear Telephoto Gimbal and selected the winner
I always get questions about previous winners, so you can see all the winners from the giveaways and quotes from them about winning. So here's the giveaway winner page
ProMediaGear Telephoto Gimbal Giveaway:
Our first (of hopefully many) giveaway for PMG. We had lots of excitement over the Telephoto Gimbal they offered – more than I expected so I was quite pleased. Check their site!
Bob from Idaho was the winner selecting and said this:
I am so excited to win this prize. We have a couple trips planned to the Oregon coast and Yellowstone. And we hope to get some great pictures. We love reading the blog @ planet5D. We will be putting this prize to use as we have plans for the Oregon coast and Yellowstone this year.
When I selected the winner, I recorded this video of the process. Some have asked if I could do it live, but I don't think I should as the winner's full name and email address would be visible and I don't have permission to post those, plus I think it is better to get confirmation before sharing that we’ve got winners.
ProMediaGear Giveaway Winner Selection
Gimbal Head for Telephoto lenses and Cameras GKJr. Katana Junior
The Katana Jr. Gimbal Head was created to provide the ultimate marriage between size, weight and functionality. The Junior is able to support a 600mm Lens, yet is portable enough to be backpacked through the jungle at just 2.4 lbs! The truss design manufactured out of rigid T6061 Aluminum required the PMG team of engineers to program the CNC machines to their limits to produce a product we know you will love.
The Gimbal features an independent Pan and Tilt knob large enough to be handled with gloves as well as an Arca-Style cradle clamp that will nestle your camera plate or lens mount with precision and security. The fluid type movements will allow you to quickly control your camera and lens combo, as if it were an extension of your body. The bottom of the Katana Jr. is a standard 3/8-16 mount commonly found on most tripods. Treat yourself to one of the smoothest and lightest gimbals on the market today!
Info on the PMG Telephoto Gimbal:
- Smooth panning and tight locking mechanism (separate from assembly mounts), adjust the friction without parts coming apart
- Arca-Swiss type compatible lens mount
- Hard anodized scratch resistant finish
- Sealed Maintenance Free Ball Bearings
- Over sized knobs
- Lightweight aircraft quality aluminum
- CNC Precision machined parts
- 5-year warranty
- Rated even below 40 degrees Fahrenheit (-40 Celsius) for smooth operation, without motion freeze
- Made in USA
(cover photo credit: snap from PMG)
Latest posts by planetMitch (see all)
- Google is Buying Imaging Startup Lytro for $40M - March 23, 2018
- Teradek Announces Bolt 10K and Bolt Manager - March 21, 2018
- Disney and Redrock Micro Collaborate to Bring New Technologies to Market - March 16, 2018