This is for all of you working in humid or freezing conditions, maybe especially for night timelapsers, but could be used in any situation where your lens may freeze or fog due to high humidity!
And the introductory price is very agreeable! Only $99!
The maximum temperature of the heater is around 50°C so it is completely safe for the optics and strong enough to prevent dew condensation or lens freezing in all conditions.
The DitoGear Dry Eye has a manual temperature offset control.
- 1 x Controller
- 1 x Heater (35cm)
- 1 x Power Cable
- 1 x Transport Soft Case
- Max power consumption 0.69A
- Power supply 8.5V – 14.4V DC
- Operating temperature -40°C to 60°C
- Operating humidity 0 to 100%
- LED heating indicator
- 25% +7 °C
- 50% +13 °C
- 75% +20 °C
- 100% +26 °C
Using DitoGear DryEye
The DitoGear DryEye should be mainly used to prevent dew condensation and/or lens freezing during outdoor shooting in humid conditions or during night shoots. However it may be also used to clean the lens that has already got frost or when the dew already condensed on the lens surface.
Power & Cabling
The DitoGear DryEye is powered using any 8.5 – 14.4V DC power source capable of delivering 0.8A current. The battery is not a part of a bundle. It comes with a power cable compatible with Power Pack or PowerBrick, batteries available at ditogear store.
Learn more about DitoGear DryEye.
(cover photo credit: snap from DitoGear)
Latest posts by planetMitch (see all)
- Location Scouting? Blocker: An Augmented Reality Director's Viewfinder - October 20, 2017
- Scoutt – A Worldwide Platform for Location Scouting for Your Photo/Video Shoot - October 16, 2017
- The Syrp Giveaway Winners Have Been Drawn! - October 13, 2017