One of Sony's most popular camera has been upgraded to a “ii” version – meet the new Sony FS7 II.
We have several reports gathered from around the planet below.
Priced at $10,000 for the body, it is available for pre-order at B&H
- Electronic Variable ND
- Auto ND mode achieves auto exposure with cine lenses, rangefinder glass and third-party SLR lenses. And Auto ND empowers you to park your iris at the lens “sweet spot,” where distortions are lowest and resolution is highest.
- Lever Lock type E-Mount
- Better ergonomics
- Auto exposure with any mountable lens.
- Now you can run and gun with cine and rangefinder lenses that provide no electronic iris adjustment.
- Upgraded monitor arm.
- Pop-up monitor hood
- More flexibility with user controllable buttons
- TU-R BT.2020 recording is directly compatible with BT.2020 distribution
- Pop-up LCD monitor hood in addition to the detachable eyepiece
- Improved eyepiece hook for more secure attachment
- Easier access to media cards for convenient removal
Hugh Brownstone has interviewed Sony Product Manager Juan Martinez:
- cinema5D: Sony FS7 II Hands-On – Here’s the Difference to FS7 mark 1
- SonyAlphaRumors: Press Release
(cover photo credit: snap from the Sony Site)
Latest posts by planetMitch (see all)
- Scoutt – A Worldwide Platform for Location Scouting for Your Photo/Video Shoot - October 16, 2017
- The Syrp Giveaway Winners Have Been Drawn! - October 13, 2017
- Who Won the Kupo Sweepstakes? - October 13, 2017