Introducing the next piece of gear that you’re going to be obsessed with… The DitoGear Chase Car Kit and the VibraFreek Accessories.
This might be one of the coolest rigs that I’ve ever seen for a variety of reasons.
First off, the DitoGear Chase Car Kit is a cinema style rig that attaches to a vehicle and gives you precise crane style controls over your camera while driving. You’ve seen this style of equipment used in Hollywood Feature Films, but never something potentially available for an independent, low budget film.
It’s clearly not a rig made for quick set up and tear down, but that’s not the point. The DitoGear Chase Car kit opens doors to filmmakers that were previously sealed shut to million dollar productions.
However, the Chase Car Kit is just another crane attached to a car unless it’s coupled with the VibraFreek Upgrade and the incredible DitoGear IsoWire. I can’t in any way explain how the IsoWire Prototype unit works, but the results are truly awesome.
The IsoWire eliminates the incessant vibrations you get from travelling on even the smoothest roads. In this demonstration, the power of the IsoWire is on full display. Indeed, I’m excited to see this exact technology find it’s way to gimbals.
Regardless of if you can afford it or not (not without renting), check out the DitoGear Chase Car Kit and the VibraFreek Upgrades. It’s so inspiring to me to see how close Hollywood style cinematography is to you and me.
DitoGear™ Chase Car Kit
DitoGear™ Chase Car Kit is a complete chase car system compatible with all gimbals. It is excellent choice for automotive cinematography and branded content videos.
Basic Chase Car Kit includes:
- 1x DitoGear™ VibraFreek Bundle
- 1x VibraFreek Upgrade
- 1x DitoGear™ VibraFreek XY Module
- 1x DitoGear™ ExArm
- 1x DitoGear™ IsoWire
- 1x DitoGear™ Lifter
- 1x DitoGear™ VibraFreek 2m Pillar
- 1x DitoGear™ VibraFreek Pillar Support Arm
- 3x DitoGear™ VibraFreek Pillar Support Arm Mounting Hinge
Chase Car Kit is also available with NEWTON by Intuitive Aerial. This lightweight, gyro-stabilized, remote camera head is a perfect companion for DitoGear™VibraFreek. It allows steady shots from a wide range of cameras and lens control systems whilst in motion on a camera car
You can also take advantage of our Car Customization Service, during promotion at half price!
Car Customization Service includes:
- wrapping the car with black matt foil
- signal power wiring for receiving image from the camera in the car
- car customization to enable mounting Chase Car Kit
DitoGear™ IsoWire Prototype Unit Testing
DitoGear™ IsoWire stabilizes camera microvibrations caused by uneven road surface. It effectively reduces balance and microvibrations in XYZ. Together with DitoGear™ VibraFreek dampening system and DitoGear™ VibraFreek XY Module, DitoGear™ IsoWire allows steady and ultra-smooth vehicle footage.
It is available in 3 payload variations:
- 12kg – 20 kg
- 20 kg – 29 kg
- 29 kg – 38 kg
DitoGear™ ExArm can be mounted on Pillar or DitoGear™ Lifter. It allows camera and VibraFreek to be mounted with 1.5 m distance. With DitoGear™ ExArm your automotive footage will have broader range with shots beyond camera car outline. It can be mounted in front or on sides of Lifter and Pillar.
- Dimensions: 1535x200x100
- Weight: 7 kg
- Maximum payload: 12 kg (gimbal + camera weight)
DitoGear™ VibraFreek Upgrade
DitoGear™ VibraFreek Upgrade consists of four 500 mm arms. This upgrade enables you to easily exchange arms in your current VibraFreek.
New VibraFreek Accessories are already available with special introductory pricing at www.ditogear.com. Shipping starts end of October/beginning of November.
Introductory Pricing Terms
- The discount of 20% is already added to all New VibraFreek Accessories.
- Additionally, 20% discount has been added to all other existing VibraFreek Accessories and VibraFreek Bundle.
- This special is not cumulative with any other codes or discounts.
- Payment must be cleared before 2016/10/20, 23:59:59 GMT.
- Orders will be shipped successively, according to the date of the payment clearance
(cover photo credit: snap from DitoGear)
He shoots a lot and often.
Latest posts by Bret Hoy (see all)
- The Cinemartin Eclipse Monitor Does Everything Right At The Right Price - December 4, 2017
- Sony's New and Exciting Sensor Shoots Ridiculously Slow Motion Video - February 17, 2017
- Canon Continues To Patent Curved Sensors– Will You Ever Have One In Your DSLR? - January 31, 2017