When you’re first starting out with photography and videography, you learn how all of your settings relate to one another without too much consideration for external modification.
The first thing that most people add to the mix is lighting. Obviously this changes the way that you think about your exposure, but after that, what else is there to learn?
I find that lots of middle ground shooters forget about the ways (or haven’t considered them at all) that you can manipulate the way that light enters your camera. Which is too bad considering it’s so easy and relatively cheap to do. One of the better examples of this is the recently announced Genustech Solar Eclipse ND.
The variable ND filter is one of the most valuable tools for outdoor photography and videography. It allows you to adjust the amount of ND that you want on the fly. When you’re shooting live events or are using natural light, it’s entirely necessary to capture consistent motion blur and depth of field.
What makes the Genustech Solar Eclipse ND so powerful isn’t just the ND though, it’s the parallel implementation of a circular polarizer. These two filters working together are incredibly powerful. You’re controlling not only the amount of light entering your lens, but also the quality of contrast that you’re capturing.
Check out the Genustech Solar Eclipse, and if you’re not already using these filters, start right now!
Genus Solar Eclipse ND Fader Launch
Genustech SOLAR ECLIPSE ND Fader
The Next Generation in Genus Camera Accessories
Genus are proud to announce the launch of the Solar Eclipse, a dual purpose filter comprising of a variable Neutral Density Filter AND a Circular Polariser. Both elements are individually adjustable to suit your shooting conditions and control the amount of light going through the lens.
The combined variable ND & Circular Polariser have several uses and offer the possibility to achieve other unachievable results.
- Flexible Light Control without the need to change filters
- Easily rotatable to fine tune the amount of light entering your lens
- Circular Polariser element is also rotatable to find the perfect position of polarisation
- Variable Neutral Density from 2-8 stops
- Superior Colour fidelity & optical clarity
- Optical Glass elements are HD laser treated
- Ideal for both photo and video
- Expands your creative options
- Create motion blur in your photos by increasing exposure with ease
- Enhance your videos by reducing depth of field to achieve the film look
- Super thin expanded front element to minimize vignetting
- Comes with a Micro-Fibre cleaning cloth
- Comes with a rotation extension handle
- Genustech SOLAR ECLIPSE ND Fader 77mm
- Genustech SOLAR ECLIPSE ND Fader 82mm (COMING SOON)
Learn more about the Genustech SOLAR ECLIPSE ND Fader
(cover photo credit: snap from Genustech)