Sometimes it feels like Photoshop doesn’t want you to succeed. It’s not a simple program to just jump into, and that can breed a lot of frustration when you’re starting out.
It’s almost exactly like learning a new language. With practice and practical application, you become more literate and then it’s just like having a conversation. You don’t even have to think about it.
But that’s easy enough to say and much harder to actually make happen. Well, this video might help bridge that gap.
Sometimes it might not seem immediately lucid how each of these tips will help you when you’re editing, remember to think of this like learning a language. It’s not that you’ll use every word every day, but knowing that word and in this case hotkey gives you a greater vocabulary and ability to translate your ideas into reality.
31 Mind Blowing HIDDEN Hotkeys of Photoshop CC!
31 Photoshop Hotkeys You Might Not Have Learned Before
Dodson has put together a quick run through of some of the least known but most useful Photoshop CC hotkeys that he’s pretty sure you’ve never heard of. In all, he covers 31 different commands from “Precise Brushing Mode” to “Bird’s Eye View” and beyond.
Check out the full list below and then watch the video to see each hotkey in action.
- Precise Brushing Mode – Caps Lock
- Add a Clipping Mask – Alt/Opt + G
- Fill and Preserve Transparency – Shift + Alt/Opt + Backspace/Delete
- Camera RAW Switching Panels – Cmd/Ctrl + Alt/Opt + 1-9
- Create Filled Layer Mask – Alt/Opt + Click
- Copy from Multiple Layers – Shift+Cmd+C
- Load Channel as a Selection – Cmd/Ctrl + Alt/Opt + Shift + 2-5
- Hide/Show Layer(s) – Cmd/Ctrl + ,
- Cycle through Brushes – (<) or (>)
- Open Adjustment w/ Previous Settings – Add Alt/Opt to Adjustment Hotkey
- Last Filter w/ Dialog Box to Adjust – Cmd/Ctrl + Alt/Opt + F
- Choose Different Layer Styles – Cmd/Ctrl + 0-9
- Drag in and Center image – Hold Shift Key
- Create New Layer Behind – Cmd/Ctrl + Click
- Load Path as a Selection – Cmd/Ctrl + Enter/Return
- Find Free Transform Handles – Cmd+T and then Cmd+0
- Bird’s Eye View – Hold “H” and drag
- Flip Tool Usage – Alt/Opt
- Show/Hide Marching Ants – Cmd/Ctrl + H
- Align Text Left, Center, Right – Cmd-Shift-L/C/R
- Show/Hide Guides – Cmd/Ctrl + ;
- Show/Hide Rulers – Cmd/Ctrl + R
- Temporarily Disable Snapping – Ctrl key
- Hotkey Select “Deep” Tools in Toolbar – Shift + Hotkey
- Panel Control in UI – Tab & Shift + Tab
- Nudge Points on Curves Line – Arrow Keys & Ctrl/Tab to go to next point
- Cycle Through Tools in Toolbar – Alt/Opt + Click Icons
- Navigate Document – Mouse Wheel + Cmd/Ctrl & Mouse Wheel
- Mouse Wheel to Zoom – Cmd/Ctrl + Alt/Opt + Mouse Wheel
- Select Layer Contents in Layers Panel – Cmd/Ctrl + Click w/ Move Tool
- Duplicate and Nudge Graphic – Alt/Opt + Arrow (add shift to nudge 10px)
Read this article at PetaPixel “31 Photoshop Hotkeys You Might Not Have Learned Before”
Check out Dodson's Youtube Channel for more tips, tricks and tutorials.
(cover photo credit: snap from video)
He shoots a lot and often.
Latest posts by Bret Hoy (see all)
- Sony's New and Exciting Sensor Shoots Ridiculously Slow Motion Video - February 17, 2017
- Canon Continues To Patent Curved Sensors– Will You Ever Have One In Your DSLR? - January 31, 2017
- A $99 7″ Monitor? Really? CineMartin's Powerful Full HD and Fully Decked Out 7” Monitor! - January 17, 2017