While the specs are below, canonrumors also mentions these updates:
While [CR3] level specifications for the EOS 5D Mark IV have been hard to come by, something we’ll be able to fix some time this week. We do have some information on pricing and kits that’ll be available.
We’re told that the body only will likely come in less than what the EOS 5D Mark III launched at, which was $3499. We’re told the EOS 5D Mark IV would come in at $3299 USD. As always with pricing, it could be old information and things may have moved a bit due to currency fluctuations. While we’d love to see a $2999 price point, we don’t think that’s likely with the information we have.
The EOS 5D Mark IV will come in two kits, one with the EF 24-70mm f/4L IS and the other with the brand new EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II. The EF 24-70mm f/4L IS kit will be the lower priced option between the two lens options.
So it is getting pretty exciting… or is it?
Initially, the rumors were that there would be CFast card slot and an SD… which would imply to me that they were beefing up the speeds on video. But the latest post suggests that we're only getting CF and that is depressing isn't it? No 4k 60fps is what that says to me.
USB 3 and ‘more touchscreen functionality' is good news (but of course I would prefer “FULL touchscreen!”).
What do you think? With estimated street price of $3299, will you be a buyer based on these specs or moving to Sony?
- The Canon 5D Mark IV to Use 30MP– Plausible Or Not?
- LEAKED! Photo of the new Canon EOS 5D Mark IV? Plus the new 24-105 “Kit” lens
- Hurray! Canon EOS 5D Mark IV In The Hands of A Few Photographers!
Via Canon Rumors:
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications:
- Compact Flash/SD Card Slots (No CFast)
- Built-in Wifi
- 24/30fps @ 4K
- 60fps @ 1080
- 120fps @ 720
- USB 3
- Cable release port moved to the front of the camera where the “Mark XX” badge was.
- A lot more touchscreen functionality than the EOS-1D X Mark II
- Other ergonomic changes, such as a new “locking switch” on the rear of the camera.
We’ve confirmed wifi from the same source and added it here. We expect GPS to be standard as well.
Read this article at Canon Rumors “Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications & Image”
(cover photo credit: snap from Canon Rumors)