The cameras keep coming… we thought that Canon might release a large number of cameras this year, and they've stared out with 3 DSLRs already.
The Canon EOS Rebel T6 was just announced and it is a screaming buy… well… for those maybe moving up from a smartphone who want to learn DSLRs. Ok, it isn't the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II or the next 5D, but for consumers, it is a nice little camera and is priced at $550 (which includes the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 lens).
- 18-megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor
- Digic 4+ processor
- a high ISO of 12,800
- 3-fps continuous shooting
- Video: record 1080p videos at 24, 25 and 30 fps, or 720p at 50 and 60 fps
- NFC and WiFi included
- LCD is fixed (not articulating like the EOS Rebel T6i – but that's over $800)
So, an incremental upgrade and a decent camera if you need basic 1080HD video at a low price.
Via Canon Press:
Share Moments On-the-Go With The New Canon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR Camera
Become the next Internet sensation with built-in Wi-Fi®and NFC connectivity*
MELVILLE, N.Y., March 10, 2016 –Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced its newest entry-level DSLR camera, the EOS Rebel T6.The Canon EOS Rebel T6 camera offers easy sharing of high quality photos and videos to popular social media sites via compatible smartphones and other mobile devices* as well as Canon’s Connect Station CS100.
“Smartphone users passionate about photography and ready to take that next step to creating their best images and videos ever will appreciate the ease-of-use and affordability of the new EOS Rebel T6 camera,” said Yuichi Ishizuka, president and COO, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “With the latest addition of the EOS Rebel T6 camera, the Canon EOS Rebel series continues to be one of the most popular DSLR camera lines on the market.”
The Canon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR camera offers a wide range of features including:
• 18.0 Megapixel Canon CMOS (APS-C) image sensor and high-performance DIGIC 4+ Image Processor for excellent image quality and speedy operation.
• ISO100–6400(expandable to H:12800) for shooting from bright light to low light.
• Built-in Wi-Fi® and NFC connectivity *for easy sharing to smart devices, social media sites and the Canon Connect Station CS100 device.
• 9‐point AF system (including one center cross‐type AF point) and AI Servo AF provide impressive autofocus performance with accurate results.
• High-performance Optical Viewfinder helps facilitate quick and accurate focusing by firmly framing and capturing the subject at hand.
• Large,3.0-inch LCD monitor with 920,000 dots for easy viewing and reviewing.
• Full HD video mode for high quality, easy-to-use video capture.
Missed Photo Ops a Thing of the Past
The Canon EOS Rebel T6 camera provides a wide ISO range of 100-6400 (expandable to ISO 12800), making it ideal for shooting both still and moving subjects in a wide variety of lighting conditions ranging from low light to bright sunny days.In addition, the camera is capable of shooting high-resolution 18 megapixel still photos continuously up-to-three frames per second (fps), with predictive autofocus to help keep every image sharp and clear, even with moving subjects.
The Scene Intelligent Auto mode in the Canon EOS Rebel T6 camera analyzes the image, accounting for faces, colors, brightness, moving objects, contrast and whether the camera is handheld or on a tripod. Scene Intelligent Auto mode then chooses the exposure and enhancements that can bring out the beauty in virtually any scene or situation. Simplifying DSLR image capture, Scene Intelligent Auto mode lets you concentrate on composing images without puzzling over settings.
Another exciting addition to the Canon EOS Rebel T6 camera is a new‘Food Mode’ on the mode dial for the foodie or blogger to easily capture stunning images of the food they love. This mode enhances the color and brightness of thefood images while at the same time making the images ready to share. Other fully automatic exposure modes include portrait, night portrait, landscape, sports, and close-up. Additionally, the easy-to-use Full HD video mode captures sharp,high-definition video up to 1080p resolution with the choice of automatic or manual focusing. Creative filters such as Fisheye, Toy Camera, Miniature, and Soft Focus give users additional ways to create fun and imaginative images to enjoy, print and share. The camera’s new “white priority” Auto White Balance setting enables users to create images with a more neutral tone when shooting under incandescent lighting. In addition to all the automatic modes, the new Canon EOS Rebel T6 camera provides complete manual exposure and focus controls plus RAW image output for advanced amateur photographers and photography students.
The Canon EOS Rebel T6 camera is compatible with the entire Canon EF and EF-S lens system including over 60 current models enabling users to capture their world in different perspectives ranging from Fisheye to Super-Telephoto. Scheduled for availability in April 2016, the estimated retail price of the Canon EOS Rebel T6 camera will be $549.99** when bundled with the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II standard zoom lens.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean (excluding Mexico) markets. With approximately $31 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2015† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2016. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
* Compatible with iOS® versions 7.1/8.4/9.0, AndroidTM smartphone and tablet versions 4.0/4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4/5.0/5.1. Data charges may apply with the download of the free Canon Camera Connect app. This app helps enable you to upload images to social media services. Please note that image files may contain personally identifiable information that may implicate privacy laws. Canon disclaims and has no responsibility for your use of such images. Canon does not obtain, collect or use such images or any information included in such images through this app.
**Availability, prices, and specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual prices are set by individual dealers and may vary.
(cover photo credit: snap from Engadget)
Latest posts by Keith Alvendia (see all)
- Memory Card Survived Melted NASA Camera After Rocket Launch - June 6, 2018
- DJI Officially Launches All New Mavic Air - January 23, 2018
- Free Limited Edition Flight-Case with Your Robot Skin GH5 Purchase - October 30, 2017