About a month ago, I wrote about the Canon 1D X Mark II. I wrote about the camera that I would like to see from Canon, and honestly I was pretty excited, the rumors were fantastic, and it sounded like Canon was really rocketing the 1D X to the next level.
While we’re still speculating on the actual specifications, some leaked photos of the camera body have given us a good idea of what to expect.
The first thing that you’ll notice is that it looks a hell of a lot like the original 1D X.
At this point, it’s pretty hard to say whether that’s a good or bad thing. Personally, I feel like, for a company in Canon’s position, they should be trying to really show they can extend themselves into the next generation of camera bodies. Have they done that? Well, purely based on exterior functionality it looks like we’re still waiting.Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Specs and Photos LEAKED! Worthy upgrade? Click To Tweet
Based on a Canon Rumors post, we actually have a look into the video capabilities of the camera which include 4k video up to 59.94fps. Which is highly impressive, if not a bit misplaced on a camera like the 1D X, which is not considered a camera that people use for video.
It would be a great utility to have, but it's certainly not necessary. I'd be very impressed if the 1D X Mark II included options for C-Log video. However, that could mean great things for Canon’s 5D Mark IV, which we’re still waiting to hear about.
The above image shows some of the video options for the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II.
We can confirm there is no C-Log on the new camera.
We can also confirm again that there is touchscreen functionality for AF when shooting video.
This may not be all of the available options.
All in all, it looks as if the Canon EOS 1D X Mark II has some software and processing power that has the ability to impress, but we’re still not sure. We are expecting the announcement of the Canon 1D X Mark II THIS WEEK!
The First Leaked Photos of the Canon 1D X Mark II
Official product photos of the soon-to-be-announced Canon 1D X Mark II have leaked onto the Web, giving us a glimpse of what Canon has up its sleeve for the next iteration of its flagship DSLR.
Rumored specs of the 1D X Mark II include a 20.2MP sensor, a max ISO of 51200 (expandable to 409600), 14 fps continuous shooting, a 61-point AF system, 4K video, and some new technologies under the hood. Here’s a full list of specs that have appeared so far:
- 20.2MP CMOS Sensor
- Dynamic range improvement
- Dual pixel CMOS AF
- Dual DIGIC6 + processor
- ISO100-51200 (extended with 409600)
- Continuous shooting 14 frames / sec.
- Live View mode at 16 frames / sec – high-speed continuous shooting new mirror drive system to allow the (at 16 frames / sec.)
- Continuous shooting possible number is 170 frames in RAW -. In JPEG Unlimited
- 61-point AF system, which range is expanded. 41-point cross-type
- AF is -3EV correspondence
- With lighting AF point red (I hope this means solid red AF point in servo)
- AI AF accuracy and motion tracking was improved Servo AF III + – 360000 dot metering sensor.
- EOS iSA. EOS itr
- Viewfinder magnification 0.76 times. 100% field of view
- Videos 4K 60fps.
- Full HD120fps.
- 4K video can be recorded with the internal CFast2.0 Media
- Movie Servo AF – LCD monitor 3.2 inches, 1.62 million dot. Touch panel.
- Camera digital lens Optimizer (DLO).
- Lens aberration correction.
- Diffraction correction
- CFast2.0 and compact flash of dual card slot
- GPS built-in – 2-axis electronic level
- USB3.0 terminal, HDMI terminal
- W-FI option (WFT-E8A)
- Size of 158mm x 167.6mm x 82.6 mm
- Weight 1340g
Check out more photos and full article at PetaPixel “The First Leaked Photos of the Canon 1D X Mark II”
|Note: it is our policy to give credit as well as deserved traffic to our news sources – so we don't repost the entire article – sorry, I know you want the juicy bits, but I feel it is only fair that their site get the traffic and besides, you just might make a new friend and find an advertiser that has something you've never seen before|
(cover photo credit: snap from canonrumors.com)
He shoots a lot and often.
Latest posts by Bret Hoy (see all)
- The Cinemartin Eclipse Monitor Does Everything Right At The Right Price - December 4, 2017
- Sony's New and Exciting Sensor Shoots Ridiculously Slow Motion Video - February 17, 2017
- Canon Continues To Patent Curved Sensors– Will You Ever Have One In Your DSLR? - January 31, 2017