Horses for courses: while I don’t agree with his focus on the new focus ring, I agree with pretty much everything else Chris says about Canon's new EF 50mm f/1.8 STM lens – and having owned both the Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 [B&H | Amazon] and Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II [B&H | Amazon], I was really pleased to hear how quiet the new STM sounded.
Chris Lavigne’s sub-4:00 vid is the way to go.
GEAR REVIEW: The $125 Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens (the 2015 nifty-fifty)
Canon introduced an amazing entry level prime lens that I think every video producer should own: The Canon 50mm F/1.8 STM Here's what I think about it!
* New focus ring for smooth manual focus
* Updated STM stepping motor for smooth autofocus
* Improved minimum focusing distance at just over 1 foot
* Updated aperture blades for prettier bokeh
* Metal mount which adds durability
Read full article at Wistia “GEAR REVIEW: The $125 Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens (the 2015 nifty-fifty)”
|Note: it is our policy to give credit as well as deserved traffic to our news sources – so we don't repost the entire article – sorry, I know you want the juicy bits, but I feel it is only fair that their site get the traffic and besides, you just might make a new friend and find an advertiser that has something you've never seen before|
(cover photo credit: snap from Wistia)
And always with the ambition of authenticity, humanity and wit.
Latest posts by Hugh Brownstone (see all)
- Download This Year’s Oscar Nominated Scripts for Free! - February 7, 2016
- Quick Impressions of Aputure’s New VS-1 FineHD - February 1, 2016
- iPhone to “crush” DSLRs? Dual Camera iPhone 7 Plus Could Offer ‘DSLR-Like' Quality, 3D Depth Mapping - January 29, 2016