When I attended Adobe’s Amplify Your Creativity event in Sydney earlier this year, it was clearly only a matter of time until Adobe released Creative Cloud 2015. And now it is here, with all the terrific updates to its photography and moviemaking desktop and mobile apps that I saw there and more.
Adobe is describing CC 2015 as its biggest update yet, with plenty of new and improved features right across the board in its products for graphic design, illustration, mobile and web design as well as video and photography. There are big performance boosts, incredibly useful innovations (artboards for Photoshop… YES!) and even more touch features in mobile. And two brand new services useful to every CC 2015 user — CreativeSync and Adobe Stock.
I am writing this shortly after eyeballing Adobe’s tweet about the CC 2015 release so have barely begun digesting its full extent. I keep checking the Creative Cloud application on my production iMac and no sign of CC 2015 has appeared there yet, except for the Lightroom CC 2015 update that appeared a month and a half ago.
But by the time you read this, doubtless CC 2105 will be showing up in all our Creative Cloud applications and so let the downloading begin. Meanwhile, here is a quick look at what is new on the video and photography desktop and mobile app side of things.
Adobe After Effects CC 2015:
- Character Animator captures motion via webcam then transposes them onto 2D characters for fast, easy animation.
- Big productivity improvements via Creative Cloud Libraries so assets are always available.
- Uninterrupted Preview for continuous playback while while resizing panels and adjusting composition properties.
Adobe Hue CC:
- Known as Project Candy while under devilment and in preview, Hue CC allows you to capture color and light with an iPhone as production looks for use in After Effects CC and Premiere Pro CC.
Adobe Photoshop CC 2015:
- Enhancements to the Mercury Graphics Engine to turbocharge Healing Brush, Spot Healing Brush and Patch tools.
- Photoshop Design Space, a preview technology to aid designers in creating for mobile apps and websites.
- Device Preview to check the look and interactivity of designs for mobile.
- Multiple layouts in different sizes within the one document via Artboards.
- Dehaze, a brand new feature to remove or reduce haze and fog in images shot aboveground or underwater.
- Dehaze also permits adding haze when desired.
Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015:
- Instant color corrections with intuitive Lumetri Color panel.
- Morph Cut feature helps polish up interviews by smoothing out jump cuts and pauses in dialog.
- Integration with Creative Cloud Libraries via ColorSync so assets including color looks and and graphics are shared seamlessly between Adobe’s desktop and mobile apps.
- Deep integration with Creative Cloud and all the desktop apps including After Effects CC, Photoshop CC and Premiere Pro CC.
- Over 40 million graphics, illustrations and photographs of almost every subject imaginable.
- Fast and easy licensing of images for finished projects directly within desktop apps.
The 2015 Release of Adobe Creative Cloud Is Here
Since we launched Creative Cloud in the spring of 2012, our vision has been to give creative professionals everything they need for their modern, connected creative process. The 2015 release of Creative Cloud delivers on that vision of a creative platform that lets you work seamlessly across desktop and mobile devices—with deep integration between our mobile apps and our desktop apps, a connected assets-based workflow, a vibrant and growing marketplace, and community features built right in.
Of course we never hold back on bringing you the latest cool features. This Creative Cloud release includes new Adobe magic and incredible performance boosts to your favorite desktop apps. The companion mobile apps bring that Adobe magic to your devices, and now there are even more ways for you to use the powerful, connected mobile-to-desktop workflows to create your best work. Due to popular demand, we’re adding two new iOS mobile apps to Creative Cloud, and Android support for four of our most popular mobile apps.
And to further accelerate your creative process, today we’re introducing Adobe Stock—our brand new service with deep connections to Creative Cloud and integration into your favorite desktop apps. Search, manage and purchase from 40 million curated Adobe Stock images directly within the new CC desktop apps.
At the heart of Creative Cloud is Adobe CreativeSync—an exclusive technology that ensures that your files, photos, fonts, vector graphics, brushes, colors, settings, metadata and stock images from Adobe Stock instantly appear in your workflow right where you need them. CreativeSync lets you start your creative work on any device and seamlessly pick it up on another. From initial idea to finished work, CreativeSync is the engine that lets you create wherever you are.
More Adobe magic and huge performance improvements in fifteen desktop apps:
In Adobe Photoshop CC, Artboards lets you make multiple layouts of different sizes in a single document, and the new Device Preview shows how designs and interactivity will look and adapt on mobile. The Healing Brush, Spot Healing Brush, and Patch tools have been turbocharged with Mercury Graphics Engine enhancements, so you get results up to 120 times faster than you would if you were using CS6. And be sure to check out the new Photoshop Design Space (Preview Technology), a streamlined experience optimized for designing websites and mobile apps.
Adobe Illustrator CC is the fastest version yet—ten times faster and ten times more precise than CS6. Thanks to a new Mercury Performance System boost, you can pan, zoom and scroll faster and more smoothly, and zoom into your artwork to create and edit with incredible precision. And should your system crash before you’ve had a chance to save, just relaunch the app and your work will be restored.
Adobe InDesign CC gets its own Mercury performance surge with twice as fast zooming, scrolling, and paging through complex documents. InDesign CC now also lets you publish and distribute documents with a single click.
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC includes Dehaze, a stunning new feature (also available in Photoshop CC) that lets you eliminate fog and haze from images—even underwater shots. Or you can add haze for artistic effect.
Adobe Premiere Pro CC continues to lead the video industry and this is our best release yet. The intuitive and powerful Lumetri Color panel helps you make instant color corrections, and Morph Cut magically smooths and polishes jump cuts and dialogue pauses to deliver a polished interview. With brand new Creative Cloud Libraries integration, Premiere Pro CC takes full advantage of CreativeSync technology so assets like color “Looks” and graphics flow seamlessly between Adobe mobile apps and Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC, Photoshop CC and more.
Adobe After Effects CC dramatically improves your productivity with new support for Creative Cloud Libraries so all of your assets are at your fingertips. Uninterrupted Preview allows you to adjust a composition’s properties and even resize panels without interrupting playback. Make sure you also check out the groundbreaking new Character Animator, which tracks your movements via webcam and transposes them onto a 2D character.
Adobe Dreamweaver CC reduces the effort to create mobile websites with support for responsive design to create production‐ready websites that dynamically adapt to various screen sizes, and includes the ability to preview and test websites on multiple devices in real time.
Adobe Muse CC has instant access to the fonts in Typekit, making it easier to get your web designs done faster. Adobe Muse can also integrate blogs, shopping carts, and more using new widgets downloaded from the Library panel.
Read more about Adobe Creative Cloud 2015 Here.
(cover photo credit: snap from Adobe)