The days of OEM lens supremacy – at least at the wide end running up through moderate telephoto — are pretty much over. Tokina has been instrumental in proving this very point along with Sigma [B&H | Amazon], Zeiss [B&H | Amazon], and Voitgländer [B&H | Amazon] (made by Zeiss, as it turns out). Now through the end of June, you can take advantage of a Tokina lens rebate on two of its most widely applauded, constant aperture pieces of glass: the full frame AT-X 16-28mm f/2.8 [B&H | Amazon], and the APS-C coverage AT-X 11-16mm f/2.8 [B&H | Amazon]
In DXOMark tests both Tokinas outpoint their Canon equivalents (and near-equivalents: Canon doesn’t have a constant aperture wide angle zoom for its APS-C cameras).
And the Tokinas do it for significantly less dosh on an apples to apples basis ($849 for the Tokina 16-28mm f/2.8 [B&H | Amazon], for example, vs. $1,399 for the Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM [B&H | Amazon]).
Through June 30, Tokina’s offering mail-in rebates on both to make the apples even sweeter: $40 off the 16-28, $30 off the 11-16.
Since I already love my little Canon 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 [B&H | Amazon], I can only imagine how much more excited I’d be by an even sharper constant aperture 11-18 (I like shooting wide open with wide lenses – my appetite for 24mm sub-f/2.0 lenses is well documented.
Get ‘em while they’re hot!
New Mail-In Rebate on Selected Tokina Lenses
Via Kenko Tokina Press:
Kenko Tokina USA, Inc. is pleased to announce a Mail-In Rebate on Selected Tokina Lenses.
Save Now On These Great Tokina Lenses
Kenko Tokina USA is announcing a mail-in rebate on the following lenses:
Tokina AT-X 16-28MM F/2.8 FX Full Frame Lenses for Canon or Nikon$40.00 Mail-in Rebate
Qualifying product codes:
Qualifying product codes:
Terms and Conditions:
1. Lens must be purchased between May 1, 2015 and June 30, 2015 from a Tokina Authorized USA Dealer selling Official Tokina USA new product with a 3-year USA Warranty. All rebate requests must be post marked by July 15, 2015 to qualify for the rebate. Kenko Tokina USA Inc is not responsible for rebate requests not received as a result of delay, loss or damage by the U.S. Postal Service or any other courier service.
2. Equipment must be an Official Tokina USA product with 3-year limited warranty (grey market 1-year international warranty products do not qualify for rebates).For a list of Tokina Authorized dealers please visit our website at www.kenkotokinausa.com
3. Submit Original 3-year USA warranty card (which will be returned to you with your rebate check), a copy of the sales receipt from a Tokina Authorized USA dealer legibly showing the store name, customer name, date of purchase, lens model and price.
4. Rebate program is only open to US residents and rebates will only be mailed to addresses within United States or it’s territories.
5. Void where prohibited by Federal, States, or Local law. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of your rebate check.
(cover photo credit: snap from Kenko Tokina Press)
And always with the ambition of authenticity, humanity and wit.
Latest posts by Hugh Brownstone (see all)
- Top 10 Things to Know About Magic Lantern Hack for Canon DSLRs - February 2, 2018
- Download This Year’s Oscar Nominated Scripts for Free! - February 7, 2016
- Quick Impressions of Aputure’s New VS-1 FineHD - February 1, 2016