There are many people who are investigating moving from a Canon DSLR over to a micro 4/3 (MFT) camera but, they don't want to give up their awesome Canon lens inventory. Plus, they would also love to have a follow focus unit that was all electronic.
I was lucky enough to get one of the first prototypes and it in my mailbox late yesterday afternoon, And I was excited to Rush to the observatory downstairs to put together this first look at this new awesome follow focus for micro 4/3 and Canon lenses.
Now, and the caveat is that I don't currently have an MFT body, so I'm not able to show you the final look out of a camera, but I was able to demonstrate all of the functionality with one of my Canon lenses. And I'm sure you will be pretty excited once you see this.
- Totally wireless Electronic follow focus for Canon EF lenses on a MFT body
- Start/stop function for video
- Pre-sets for A and B focus points
- Exposure adjustments in 1/3 stops – looks pretty smooth
- Aperture lock
- Electronic readout of focal length and aperture
Aputure DEC prototype hits planet5D
When with the Aputure DEC be out?
I spoke with Ted from the US Office of Aputure, and here's what he said about availability and pricing:
We're still in prototype stages. If all checks out well, it should be available in the next month. If there's still a few more bugs, it may be longer.
Pricing is not set yet… Afraid I don't have any information on that yet.
Start and stop sure will work for any MFT camera!
And yes both MFT and E-Mount Options are available.
(cover photo credit: snap from the video)
Latest posts by planetMitch (see all)
- EOS Canon EOS C500 Mark II Storms on to the Professional Video Market - September 5, 2019
- the 5DayDeal Video Creator's Bundle is HERE! - June 7, 2019
- It is all about story - June 6, 2019