The 5DS and 5DR are interesting both for what they are — and what they aren’t.
Of course, we’ll have to wait until next week to get a fuller picture of these new twins, distinguished at this point only by the absence of an anti-aliasing filter in the R.
But what will be especially interesting is to see whether or not Canon has spec’d these next generation 5D’s to align more fully with still photography or to up their game in video, too.
If the purported ISO range of 100-6400 is any indication, it sends a very strong signal that Canon is refocusing on still photography at the expense of video (as if 50MP and no mention of focus assist didn’t already suggest as much!) – but again, we’ll see soon enough.
For still photographers at least, the new camera’s specs are a major leap forward.Next generation 50MP Canon 5DS and 5DR are real Click To Tweet
Canon EOS 5DS & EOS 5DS R Specifications
Via Canon Rumors:
As first reported here, the Canon EOS 5DS will be coming next week and the specs have leaked.
- 50.6MP full frame CMOS sensor
- 5DS R has the low pass filter removed
- Magnesium Alloy Body
- Dust and weather sealed
- Dual DIGIC6 processor
- ISO Range of 100-6400
- 5FPS continuous shooting
- High precision 61-point AF
- EOS Itr AF
- “fine detail” added to the Picture Styles
- 1.3x and 1.6x crop shooting mode
- Customizable “Quick Control screen”
- Time-lapse movie
- Interval Timer
- Bulb timer
(cover photo credit: snap from Canon Rumors)
And always with the ambition of authenticity, humanity and wit.
Latest posts by Hugh Brownstone (see all)
- Download This Year’s Oscar Nominated Scripts for Free! - February 7, 2016
- Quick Impressions of Aputure’s New VS-1 FineHD - February 1, 2016
- iPhone to “crush” DSLRs? Dual Camera iPhone 7 Plus Could Offer ‘DSLR-Like' Quality, 3D Depth Mapping - January 29, 2016