Incremental improvement: most of the time, this is the bedrock of innovation. This week, we present Photography Breakthrough’s X-Series ND and UV traction filters Kickstarter campaign.
Kickstarter is a wellspring of optimism, charting the shortest course from entrepreneurs to customers.
With 26 days to go, the team at Breakthrough Photography has pledges totaling a shade more than 10% of their goal toward $50,000.
If you enjoy photography, cinematography or people who have entrepreneurial dreams, you might want to check ‘em out.
X-Series Traction Filters
The X-Series ND and UV filters resolve incredibly sharp, have ultra-slim traction frames and are completely weather-sealed
• Highest Quality Optics: Capture critically sharp images with SCHOTT B270 and AGCglass from Germany and Japan allows near 99% light transmittance. The X-Series filters have been precisely designed and engineered with the highest quality lenses in mind.
“Putting low quality glass in front of a high quality lens makes no sense” – Art Wolfe
• Traction Frame: CNC Machined no-slip Traction Frames makes taking filters on and off a snap. No more wasted time removing filters means when you use your X-Series Traction Filter you’ll have more time to capture your time sensitive shots
• Multi-Resistant Coating (MRC): State-of-the-art MRC hardens both optical surfaces, increases light transmittance, achieves true color neutrality, and maximizes contrast fidelity – while at the same time decreasing flaring and ghosting.
This means you don’t have to worry about loss of image quality – your photos are more true to life and will have more impact with your audience bringing you more satisfaction in your work… or more sales!
• Nano Coatings: Our new nanotec nano coating layer protects your lens by repelling dirt, water and other elements by beading rather than absorbing. This means your X-Series Traction Filter stays crystal clear for years to come.
• Eliminates Vignetting: Machined down to 3.5mm (X2, X1) and 3.2mm (X3) to eliminate unintended and undesired optical vignetting on full-frame wide-angle setups. Again, this means your photos are more true to life and you can save time in post-production correcting optical vignetting
Available Sizes: 49mm, 52mm, 55mm, 58mm, 62mm, 67mm, 72mm, 77mm and 82mm
• Completely weather-sealed construction: Residue left after evaporation can make your lens appear dirty and lead to hours of tedious cleaning and post production “spot removal.” When you’re shooting in the elements with your the X-Series Traction Filter, you don’t have to worry about moisture getting into the lens because of the weather-sealed construction.
• 25-Year Guarantee: We’re so confident in our materials that we offer an unparalleled 25-year manufacturer guarantee. If your filter gets scratched or the threads get worn, simply contact our customer support and we fix it or send you a new one.
(cover photo credit: snap from Kickstarter)