Rubber Monkey Software, the Wellington, New Zealand, company responsible for Film Convert, the color grading application moviemakers the world over rely on, is running its short movie cinematography competition once again. Entries close on October 14 so get your submission organized fast.
The How To is simple. Download a free trial of Film Convert if you don’t already own a license. It is available as a stand-alone application or as a plug-in to many popular Non-Linear Editors (NLEs) from After Effects to Avid through Adobe, Apple and other brand editing software.
Choose the short film you wish to submit. Apply Film Convert. Upload. Promote your movie. Take part in voting from October 15 to 28. Wait with bated breath until announcement of the winners on November 4. Celebrate if you have won. Further details below.
Prizes range from $2000 USD for 1st, 2nd is rewarded with $1000 and 3rd place gets you $500. There is also a Top 10 popular vote with a Film Convert Bundle as the prize.
Submit your fave short movie now and don’t delay!
FilmConvert Cinematography Competition 2014
Film Convert helps you to create the timeless and romantic look of analog film with your digital footage. This intuitive software takes care of the technology so you can focus on creating magical cinematic experiences. Give your digial videos that film look with FilmConvert and you could be this years winner! $6,000 in prizes are waiting to be won! For inspiration check out the entries from last year: Cinematography Competition 2013.
Submit videos: Tuesday 23rd – 14th October 2014
Voting: 15th – 28th October 2014
Winner announced: 4th November 2014
Film Convert is about celebrating the timeless and romantic look of film. Your videos will be judged on the following criteria:
Embraces the look of film & cinematography
Concept and creative direction
- Process a video using any Film Convert software – either the full version or trial version.
- Include the word ‘Film Convert’ in the video description.
- Upload your video to Youtube or Vimeo.
- The competition is free to enter.
- The film can be made at any time. It does not need to be made during the competition timeframe.
- 10 Finalists will be selected by popular vote, counting votes on FilmConvert.com.
- The winners will be chosen by FilmConvert staff and guest Film Makers.
- You can enter more than once.
- Submissions close October 14th 2014.
- Video length should be between 30 seconds and 5 minutes.
- Longer videos may be submitted but excess footage will be ignored.
- You may not submit footage entered in last year's competition.
- You need to own the copyright to your footage or have written permission to use it.
- You retain all rights to your video and footage.
- You grant FilmConvert the right to use the footage for marketing purpose – e.g. we will embed the competition winners on our website, use still frames as examples etc.
- Finalists must provide a download-able version of their film to Film Convert.
- Submitted material must not contain obscene, unlawful or objectionable material.
- We reserve the right to refuse any entry at our own discretion.
- Our decisions are final, no discussions
HOW TO ENTER
2. Submit your film
Upload your video by clicking the submit button at the top of the page
3. Promote your video
Voting will be open from 15th – 25th October. Share your entry with all your friends and family. Top 10 entries win a Film Convert software bundle worth $299
4. Winners announced
Top 10 are chosen by popular vote. The Top 3 will be chosen by the Film Convert Team. Winners will be announced November 4th
1st place: $2000 USD (Picked by the Film Convert Team)
2nd place: $1000 USD (Picked by the Film Convert Team)
3rd place: $500 USD (Picked by the Film Convert Team
Top 10: Film Convert Bundle (Chosen by popular vote)
Learn more about FilmConvert Cinematography Competition 2014
(cover photo credit: snap from FilmConvert)
Additional Stories You Will Want To Read: