Think of it as a mash-up of DV City’s own Flycam Flowline (their alternative to the Easy Rig), a camera cage and the exo-skeleton in whatever is the latest Tom Cruise sci-fi shoot ‘em up, and you get the idea for the CAMTREE Flexi Rig.
Dynamic camera movement is now de rigeur, but doing it well is still not easy – nor cheap. The makers of the CAMTREE Flexi Rig have great ambitions for their new camera stabilizer, presenting it as a cost-effective alternative to the kind of shots currently done by Steadicam and MoVI (and other 3-axis gimbal) operators.
By transferring weight to a camera operator’s hips and shoulders and adding additional rigid support via a set of rods pivoting off the shoulder pads – which in turn are adjustable and attached to a proprietary camera cage, the Flexi Rig is aimed at reducing arm fatigue and enabling smoother shots.
DV City has produced a video showing what they were able to do with Flexi Rig which you can see below. The Flexi Rig is priced at $650, available from DV City.
CAMTREE Flexi Rig – THE MOST EASYGOING CAMERA STABILIZER, EVER!
Via Press Release:
If you’ve been doing research for a camera stabilizer or support system for your camera, “CamtreeFlexi Rig” is the paramount choice – Weightless Camera Shoulder Support System.
Achieve a variety of camera angles fluidly while enabling hands-free operation!
Camtree Flexi Rig is a body mounted camera stabilizer that gives operators extraordinary freedom of movement, stability and comfort while shooting with DSLR/HDV Camera. It’s not just a regular shoulder-mounted camera rig; it also has a back brace and waistband; which means you can let go and be confident that your camera and shot will stay right where you left it.
The camera rests on front platforms that has tilt and rotate ability, could be tricky getting in and out of something if you need to move quickly but our Flexi Rig has made it possible.
Maximize your comfort; eradicate your fatigue!
With so many features to see on this rig –
- Well-build;Precision engineered from high-strength aerospace aluminum.
- Well integrated with a flexibly padded, evenly distribute camera’s weight throughout the user’s upper body.
- Extraordinary versatility enables the ease into canted (tilted) camera shooting positions to the left or to the right.
- Reposition camera at any angle – high, low and also at waist and eye camera levels.
- Spring-loaded technology with four-point stabilization and two adjustable stabilizing rods to steady the camera, offers Spring-loaded technology.
- Attain unique 180°rotational shots & Dutch angles.
- Its extra accessory mounts make it ideal for use with many cine-style camera systems that require monitors and other accessories.
- Accepts cameras weighing upto 8kgs/17.6lbs.
- It’s amazingly comfortable, easy to assemble and could enable shooting for a full day.
- Get impressive tracking shots, even when performed on rough terrain.
Behind the scene footage of Cinematographer using his Flexi Rig during a grueling shoot.
CAMTREE Flexi Rig – Shoulder mounted camera stabilization system | REVIEW
Only portable high capacity rigging system on the market!!
TV shooter’s best friend with a Price tag of only $650!
Learn more about the Camtree Flexi Rig
(cover photo credit: snap from DV City)
And always with the ambition of authenticity, humanity and wit.
Latest posts by Hugh Brownstone (see all)
- Download This Year’s Oscar Nominated Scripts for Free! - February 7, 2016
- Quick Impressions of Aputure’s New VS-1 FineHD - February 1, 2016
- iPhone to “crush” DSLRs? Dual Camera iPhone 7 Plus Could Offer ‘DSLR-Like' Quality, 3D Depth Mapping - January 29, 2016