Today we had Josh Apter – thePadcaster guy – with us on the podcast! It is great to be able to sit down with someone who's changing the world by creating devices that help people accomplish their dreams (and even make silly little videos)
About Josh “thePadCaster” guy
Josh Apter is an award-winning writer, director, and editor who has worked in all areas of filmmaking. In 2002, Josh founded Manhattan Edit Workshop, where he still works as president. MEWShop is an Apple, Avid, Adobe, Autodesk, Assimilate and Blackmagic Authorized Training Center that offers a variety of classes in the art and technique of film editing & Production.
In 2012, Josh developed and founded The Padcaster®, a rugged case that transforms the iPad into a mobile production studio. With an aluminum frame and flexible insert, on-the-go filmmakers can add all the accessories they need, mount The Padcaster to a tripod or monopod, then shoot, edit and upload high-quality footage directly from the iPad. The line has since grown to include a Padcaster for the iPad Air and iPad Mini.
Show notes and links
• the creation of thePadcaster
• using the iphone and ipad as filmmaking devices
• doing live broadcasts with the iphone and ipad
• Question from listener – Gerrick Winston
• What's happening at the Manhattan Edit Workshop
planet5D podcast audio version[powerpress]
planet5D podcast video version
Here's how to get all the episodes:
- planet5D iTunes audio only
- join us LIVE on the next podcast
- Subscribe to daily planet5D (audio only) by Email
- planet5D youtube channel
Don't forget to visit these other great sections of planet5D!
planet5D headlines (the latest news from all the other filmmaking sites)
superStore@planet5D – our newest addition – ebooks, plugins and more!
(cover photo credit: the podcast logo)
Latest posts by planetMitch (see all)
- A Definitive Guide to Not Messing Up Your Solar Eclipse Time-Lapse – From Syrp - August 17, 2017
- Giveaway Winners: Who Won the Benro Aero Tripods? - August 16, 2017
- Avid Just Released a FREE Version! But It Won't Do Everything… - August 14, 2017