Panasonic GH4 comes with an incredible low price of $1,698!
UPDATE: Panasonic just published a press release with this additional tidbit:
Plus, the “brick” (also known as (Panasonic YAGH Interface Unit) is priced at $1,998
Buying them both together will save you $398 for a total price of $3,298
|Note: Our comment section is back again! Make your thoughts known to the world directly at the bottom of planet5D posts again! Scroll down to see what everyone is saying|
Adorama told us the pre-ordering would begin tonight at midnight eastern time! I suspect B&H will follow suit.
Here are my key bullet points from reading thru all the materials:
- LUMIX G lens mount (no Canon or Nikon mount options) PL adapter option
- 16.05mp Live MOS sensor
- Venus Engine image processor is quad-core cpu
- Max ISO 25,600
- 50% faster readout of sensor reduces rolling shutter
- Photos up to 60 minutes
- 12fps stills bursts
- Splash proof (and they even explain what that means – other camera companies don’t seem to want to explain their phrases)
- Real time HDMI out (4:2:2 / 8 bit (recorded to SD as 4:2:0) or 4:2:2 / 10 bit)
- ** Not sure if this REQUIRES the Professional 4K Video Interface Unit (Optional)
- 4k 24p video (4k and QFHD)
- Different compressions and outputs (.mov/mp4/ALL-I or IPB)
- Vast number of options for frame rate and bitrate depending on compression selections
- Up to 94fps
- Cinelike Gamma (flatter profile similar to CineStyle on Canon I’m guessing)
- Focus Peaking – also available over wi-fi for smartphone! (also for stills)
- Headphone jack for monitoring
- Time Code – Rec or Free Run
- Color Bars
- Center Marker
- Synchro Scan (suppress flicker under fluorescent lights)
- No recording time limits (within limitations of format and camera sales area)
- wifi – stills and video control and viewing via smartphones and tablets
- Can embed GPS data via smartphone connection
- NFC (Near Field Communication)
- Connect with smartphone via QR code display on monitor
- Timelapse built in
- Stop Motion animation support
- Professional 4K Video Interface Unit (Optional)
- adds 2 XLR inputs
- audio monitoring
- volume controls
- professional workflow
- 4k video with simultaneous 8.8mp photo capture (not specified how you capture these)
What do you think?
So, sound off below in the comments letting us know if you’re going to be ordering!
What’s your expectation for delivery?
Will you be getting the ‘brick’ as well?
(cover photo credit: snap from the video)