Here's an interesting gizmo for those of you who may have or be looking at a handheld Glidecam or some way to help stabilize your DSLR video camera (or even a GoPro).
This recent kickstarter project aims to give relief to your single tired arm by spreading the weight of the whole system out to both arms while still giving you the ability to maneuver the camera to do pans and tilts.
I also think the ability to use it as a mini-cage with two handed operation is wonderful addition.
The Eroz Steady Aid – Glidecam/DSLR Smart Support by Renso Gomez
The Eroz Steady Aid Support is the first system (patent pending) in the world designed to distribute naturally the weight of the Glidecam,DSLR and Gopro over the Two arms of the operator.
The Eroz Steady Aid works with the Glidecam 2000 Pro, Glidecam 4000 Pro, Glidecam HD-1000, Glidecam HD-2000, Glidecam HD-4000 and XR-2000, XR-4000.
We designed the most practical, stress free accessory device that brings you more versatility and affordability. This device becomes an extension of the human body allowing you to use not only one but two or even three hands in a veriety of ways limited by your creativity and imagination. The Eroz Steady Aid will Distribute and Balance the weight in your hands with comfort while operating the most popular camera stabilizer Glidecam series. It's easy to utilize with very little or almost no time to set up!
The Eroz Steady Aid Specifications
– Weight: Approx. 1.0 lbs
– Dimensions Closed (W x H x D): Approx. 6 x 6 x 5 inches
– Dimensions Opened (W x H x D): Approx. 15 x 6 x 2.7 inches
– Set up time: Approx. 15 seconds
– Maximum Camera Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 8 x 8 x 15 in.
– Camera Weight: Up to 10 lbs
– Super Easy to setup (seconds)
– Compatible with Glidecam series,DSLR's and GoPro
– Complete control with comfort while shooting
– Tilt up and down operation
– Improve your Glidecam, DSLR and GoPro appearance
– The Eroz Steady Aid is ergonomic and provides anti-fatigue support
– Light weight aircraft grade Aluminum 60-61 T6 ( 1.0 lbs)
– Multi-position arms (180° adjustable) give you the options for the exact setup
– Adjustable Wrist support with 360° rotation
– More stability during movement for dynamic camera shots
– Improve a floating moving image appearance
– Eroz Steady Aid also supports heavier than DSLR cameras
– 100% designed and assembled in the USA.
Learn more about the product on their Kickstarter Campaign: The Eroz Steady Aid – Glidecam/DSLR Smart Support by Renso Gomez
Visit their website at www.erozsteady.com/
(cover photo credit: snap from Eroz Steady Aid)
Latest posts by planetMitch (see all)
- Rant: why so much camera hate? - April 17, 2019
- Free Soloing El Capitan – A bit about how they filmed it - February 18, 2019
- Camera & Flask – Great Filmmaking Podcast - February 18, 2019