Now this “Looky Loo” looks like an awesome product for those folks who do portraits of kids! Heck, you probably even need it for some corporate talking heads! HA! I have never tried to do a paid shoot with little ones, but heck when I was working at our kids’ elementary school I couldn’t get the kids to stop looking into the lens…
And they addressed my first concern – whether the light would show in the person’s eyes – and the answer is no. That’s good.
Seems like a perfect solution to help those who are trying to gain the attention of little humans…
hmm… I wonder if it works on dogs and cats?
What does the Looky Loo DO?
Every parent wants to capture those fleeting moments of their child's life before it's too late, so they hire me to do just that. But it's not always easy. Kids love to look at everything and sometimes everything except the camera! That's where my idea for the Looky Loo came from, it's really out of a love for my subjects, and the desire to give them authentic real pictures of their kids. I think all parents deserve to have timeless images of their little ones that they can cherish for generations to come.
3 LIGHT PATTERNS, 3 DIFFERENT SOUND PROGRAMS, INDOOR/OUTDOOR SETTINGS
Looky Loo in action! The Looky Loo Light is simple to use. Just adjust its velcro band snuggly around your existing camera lens hood and you are off and running. A simple push of a button and those tiny tikes will be looking your way in no time!
The bright flashing lights have been known to capture even the attention of adults.
The Looky Loo really helps capture those authentic expressions, here are some images that show just how much.
Looky What? (What it is.)
Looky Loo Light by Allison Carenza
The Looky Loo Light is a simple yet innovative piece of lighting equipment that uses four light modules that can easily slide over your existing camera lens or hood. It's light-weight design functions wirelessly to emit low level multi-colored flashing lights towards the subject. In addition to three different light settings, each incorporates sound to further entice your subject.
In a nutshell it is something that infants and toddlers LOVE to look at, oh and lots of adults too!
I have been testing the design and functionality for months on my actual clients and the results have been amazing. It really works!
The Looky Loo Light is perfect for anyone with a difficult subject to capture. It has been designed to fit camera lens's from zooms to prime lenses or all sizes. So it can be used by anyone with a standard SLR camera.
Looky Loo Light Features
- Light-weight plastic molding that can fit into any camera bag.
- 4 individual light modules strategically placed around the camera lens of your choice.
- Light diffusing covers for all four light panels to reduce reflection in the subjects eyes.
- Elastic velcro band allows snug fit on any size lens.
- Ion-Lithium battery charged by micro USB port located on the main light module.
- On/Off switch located on the main light module.
- 3 multi-color light settings.
- Each settings is accompanied by a different sound component.
- Automatic shut off to conserve battery life.
- Use the Looky Loo Light as a stand for your lens when you need to set your camera down.
- Enhanced and streamlined connecting cables (not shown)
- Light notifications to show you the Looky Loo is on and charged.
The Looky Loo Light is simple to use. Just adjust its velcro band snuggly around your existing camera lens hood and you are off and running. A simple push of a button and those tiny tikes will be looking your way in no time!
See full details on their Kickstarter Campaign: The Looky Loo Light
(cover photo credit: snap from Kickstarter)
Latest posts by planetMitch (see all)
- Disney and Redrock Micro Collaborate to Bring New Technologies to Market - March 16, 2018
- Panasonic EVA1 vs Canon C200 – Camera Shootout 2018 - March 13, 2018
- Photographer Accused of Stealing an Image Discovers That Both He and the Other Photographer Captured the Exact Millisecond in Time - March 8, 2018