If you've ever felt the desire to frame your GoPro-produced film in the majestic 2:39:1 cinematic aspect ratio, Letus's just-announced Letus AnamorphX-GP anamorphic lens adapter will stretch your standard 16:9 to cine wide.
Not only can you stretch your frame to new widths, you can make lens flares and smears just like J.J. Abrams did in “Star Trek Into Darkness!”
About the Letus AnamorphX-GP
The Letus AnamorphX-GP is a 1.33x anamorphic adapter that works with the GoPro Hero3+ or the GoPro Hero 3 in a 3+ housing. It allows you to capture footage in a cinematic 2.39:1 aspect ratio on your GoPro.
Aerial photographers/videographers will also benefit from the extremely small form factor of the Letus AnamorphX-GP. When paired with a brushless gimbal on a multirotor, this adapter will allow users to capture sweeping cinematic footage from the air without investing in a heavy lifter or incurring the added risk of flying 10's of thousands of dollars of gear around.
The GoPro anamorphic adapter also maintains the waterproof integrity of the GoPro 3+ housing allowing for underwater anamorphic footage! Surfers, divers, and other aquatic adventurers now have the ability to capture true 2.39:1 anamorphic format videos. Add cinematic style the next time you drop in on a beautiful double overhead that is barreling perfectly in front of you!
Like to jump out of airplanes, off cliffs, or from bridges? Capture it even more dramatically with the Letus AnamorphX-GP! No need to change out your GoPro mounts or rigging. Simply attach the Letus anamorphic adapter to a GoPro 3+ housing and shoot! No bulk or weight of a traditional anamorphic camera setup.
The Letus AnamorphX-GP for the GoPro Hero 3+ opens up endless possibilities for capturing 2.39:1 cinematic footage for any film maker at any level. So whether you are sending a weather balloon to the edge of space or just spending the weekend at the beach with the family, take your GoPro to the next level with the Letus AnamorphX-GP!
Letus AnamorphX-GP Features:
- 1.33x squeeze factor
- Custom CNC aluminum housing
- Use the GoPro Hero3+ waterproof housing for mounting. The adapter replaces the waterproof lens housing element. The unit will retain waterproof property.
- In 1080p shooting mode, the Letus AnamorphX-GP will convert the GoPro's standard 16:9 aspect ratio footage into a cinematic 2.39:1 aspect ratio without the need for cropping (post production de-squeeze is required and can be done with the free GoPro Studio Software).
- Optional mount for attaching directly to a GoPro Hero 3 or 3+ without a housing.
- Letus AnamorphX-GP 1.33x lens adapter
- Torx 5 wrench for installation
Pre-order your Letus AnamorphX-GP at $199 USD. Limited quantities available.
(cover photo credit: snap from Letusdirect)