Plus, we'll have a full 1080p 60fps in video! Ok, the Canon EOS 1D C does that so they're both about the same price so maybe those wanting less expensive cameras are still going to be disappointed (unless you get the Panasonic GH4).
And tho Canon still doesn't include a time-lapse function, the Nikon D4s will have the ability to create a 9,999 image timelapse right out of the camera.
Plus, there's an LCD color adjustment – so I've always complained about the color on the LCD on the Nikons, and now you can change it!
Here are the main highlights:
- It includes dual card slots (one CF and one XQD)
- 11fps stills mode
- five autofocus sensors that can act as a group.
- Brand new 16.2-megapixel FX-format (full-frame) CMOS sensor
- 51-point AF system with improved focusing algorithm
- Sensitivity: ISO 100-25,600, expandable to 409,600 (Hi-4)
- 91,000 pixel 3D Matrix Metering system
- New Raw Size S – lower resolution (2464 x 1640) RAW files
- Flash sync: 1/250th second
- 1920 x 1080 60p full HD video
- Uncompressed 60p HDMI video out
- Simultaneous video recording (video out + memory card)
- Gigabit Ethernet (1000 Base-T LAN) interface
Still feels like an incremental change and not something revolutionary right?
More details are included in the charts below.
Nikon D4S and Nikon D4 Comparison Sheet
(cover photo credit: snap from Adorama)
Latest posts by planetMitch (see all)
- Disney and Redrock Micro Collaborate to Bring New Technologies to Market - March 16, 2018
- Panasonic EVA1 vs Canon C200 – Camera Shootout 2018 - March 13, 2018
- Photographer Accused of Stealing an Image Discovers That Both He and the Other Photographer Captured the Exact Millisecond in Time - March 8, 2018