I have used other USB controllers (tho I haven't yet had a chance to test this one) and they've been hard to use at times and you can see from the video below, this seems like it has plenty of options and the buttons are clearly labeled.
I especially like that I have easy access to the batteries (seems silly to mention this – but on the other USB controller I have now, I have to use a screwdriver to change batteries and it is a pain) which I really like!
Aputure is very pleased to release V-Control USB Focus Controller Evolution which uses the autofocus motor in the lenses to control focus. It improves the center wheel with appropriate dampening effect to ensure extremely precise and smoother focus control, also initiates firmware update function and its LED displays four focus points. Furthermore seven versatile buttons and a center wheel give you total control over exposure, video, and focus settings.
- Smooth focusing gives extreme experience
- Professional dampening design
- Switch focus points rapidly
- Total live video remote
- Precise exposure control
- Supports firmware update
- Simple operation & easy portability
- Digital zoom function
- Accessories for various usage
All Canon, Sigma, Tokina and Tamron autofocus lenses are known to function.
Manual focus lenses will not have focus control, but other functions such as settings changes or video start/stop will work.
Are you using a USB focus controller?
Have you tried one? Sound off in the planet5D comments!
(cover photo credit: snap from Aputure)
Latest posts by Keith Alvendia (see all)
- RED Trade-In Program: Trade-in Your Gear for a NEW RED DSMC2 Brain with Gemini, Helium or Monstro Sensor - September 11, 2018
- Adorama Weekend Deals! Discounted Price on Sigma Lens, Think Tank Shoulder Bag, Canon 5D Mark IV and More! - August 18, 2018
- Adorama Deals! Sony Trade-In and Lens Rebates, Olympus, Panasonic and Canon Summer Specials! - August 6, 2018