Our friends at RØDE have a new mount for the iPhone 4 & 4S that may interest you especially if you're planning on using the iPhone for making video or if you're using the RØDE iXY mic to record audio.
Why do we care because it isn't really something that is a DSLR, but we know that many of you are thinking about using iPhones as part of your movie making arsenal – and so we wanted to get you thinking about how to manage your iPhone on set.
Featuring a camera-shoe mount with a 3/8″ thread in the base that can be mounted in three different positions, the RØDEGrip can be used in a number of orientations and setups. These include:
– Handheld audio recording with the iXY stereo microphone
– Boom stand mounted audio recording with the iXY
– Camera-mounted audio recording with the iXY
– Handheld pistol grip filming with the iPhone
– Desktop mounted for handsfree iPhone display and filming
– Camera-mounted iPhone display for photography apps
Constructed from durable, high-quality ABS plastics, it folds down into a small, portable form factor for ease of transport.
Dimensions: 110.00mmH x 50.00mmW x 35.00mmD
(cover photo credit: snap from RØDE Microphones)