There’s a new Canon EOS 5D Mark III kit available these days – the “old” kit included the Canon 24-105 L and now the “new” kit includes the Canon 24-70 L
Also, see below for info on the new 1.2.3 firmware that was just released
Canon EOS 5D Mark III kit with 24-70
I was told the new kit would be available at the end of October (which is today) so keep an eye out.
B&H has it listed today as a “new item” – buy here for $4,299
Adorama is also showing this new kit – buy here for $4,299
Canon EOS 5D Mark III firmware update
Note: I’ve checked with Magic Lantern and they do intend to upgrade the Magic Lantern software to use the 1.2x version of the firmware (which included the clean HDMI output) but they don’t have a target date. I keep getting asked this question so I thought i’d at least throw it out there…
EOS 5D Mark III Firmware Version 1.2.3
Firmware Version 1.2.3 incorporates the following improvements and fixes.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the flash may not fire depending on the timing of when the shutter button is pressed.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the AF microadjustment value may change.*
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the LCD monitor may show a line of false color along boundaries of high contrast.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the histogram of a LiveView image is incorrectly displayed when an HDMI cable is connected.
- Enables the brightness of the camera’s LCD monitor to be adjusted even when an HDMI cable is connected.
- * The phenomenon listed in 2 was addressed with Firmware Version 1.2.1, and has been further improved with Firmware Version 1.2.3.
Firmware Version 1.2.3 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.2.1. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.2.3, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
When updating the firmware of your camera, please first review the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.
(cover photo credit: snap from Canon)