The Atomos Ninja 2 is a very popular and affordable recorder, and Atomos is improving it with new firmware. This new Atomos OS4 update also adds some new interface functions that look really good. A stand out is the audio meters. with two different looks, and new enhanced multichannel audio page. Check out all the goodies and download the firmware HERE.
Atomos Ninja 2 New Firmware 4.2 Update.
Atomos has new firmware for the Ninja 2 and it looks like a good one! Atomos OS4 is available now. Click the link for the download page. I’m going to upgrade mine tonight and give it go! But for now here is all the new features that atomos OS4 gives you.
New features on Atomos OS4
Audio meters with two different layouts available.
Enhanced Multichannel Audio Page.
View your audio meters with the visually enhanced 4 channel audio page. See peak and average levels with digital clipping indicator, and VU ballistics. Accurately see -30 to 0 dB (dBFS) shown with -18dB and -20dB alignment levels markings.
Delay Audio Inputs gives you frame accurate audio delay option to adjust any digital or analog Audio delays. Option found in Audio page.
More Display Options
Options for changing the layout of the audio meters to either 2 or 4 channels on monitor page can be found in Display menu.Canon 5D Mark III users can now enable input color correction to match REC709 standard.
2:2 Pulldown Indication
When 2:2 pulldown is on, a “2:2” icon is displayed next to the input format indication.
Time Remaining For Media More Accurate. Improved drive size calculation to ensure recordings will not attempt to start when the drive is full.
Analog Audio Corrected. Fixed analog audio channel recording when only the analog channel is selected.
Easier Date Setting. Fixed difficulty with setting year if date is completely reset. Year setting now starts at 2013
Recording Improvements. Fixed corner case encoding issue with some camera and cable setups.
Ninja-2 4.2 release notes
* All 4 channels (2 analog and 2 digital) have precision meters on the audio page.
* Major upgrade to the audio level meters:
* Peak and average levels with digital clipping indicator, and VU ballistics.
* Accurate -30 to 0 dB (dBFS) shown with -18dB and -20dB alignment levels marked.
* 2 or 4 channels viewable on monitor page. Option found in Menu/Display.
* When 2:2 pulldown is on, a “2:2” icon is displayed next to the input format indication.
* Bug fixes:
* Fixed corner case encoding issue with some camera and cable setups.
* Fixed difficulty with year field selection when resetting date. Year setting now starts at 2013.
* Improved drive size calculation to ensure recordings will not attempt to start when the drive is full.
* Fixed analog audio channel recording when only the analog channel is selected.
* Fixed input video mode detection on the Nikon D800 when switching between the menu and live view on the camera.
[ Via eriknaso.com ]
(cover photo credit: snap from eriknaso.com)
Latest posts by erik naso (see all)
- Things That Drive Me Crazy About The Sony A7s - August 4, 2014
- Panasonic GH4 Performance Test at 96fps – how does it hold up? - May 4, 2014
- Firsthand Look at the Panasonic GH4 - April 28, 2014