Found this Kickstarter project called the HipJib the other day and wanted to share it with you. I'm curious to see your reaction to this and encourage you to sound off in the comments! It seems pretty cool and could be a boon for indie filmmakers.
hipjib – unchaining your camera
The hipjib idea is strikingly simple and will open cameramen and -women completely new shooting dimensions: with the size of just two fists, hipjib enables beautifully steady camera movements and mobile camera stability. It instantly creates the comforting feeling of solid support and freedom of movement.
hipjib is all about speed, stability, and flexibility.
A robust and compact construction, hipjib features an attachment made from high-quality polyamide. Attached in seconds to the waist via a belt you only need to plant an ordinary tripod or monopod into it and start shooting right away. What hipjib can do:
1. Replacing a conventional camera shoulder support by offering even more stability and flexibility, at a fraction of the weight and cost.
2. Enabling extremely smooth vertical camera movements reaching from the ground up to approximately 2.5 meters (6.5 feet) or higher, depending on the type of videohead used. This feature outperforms any expensive and bulky jibarm and its assembly on location.
3. Smooth multi-directional camera movements in a combination of tripod or monopod, tripod head, and body action. In short: hipjib's strengths come into play in situtations where speed, improvisation, and flexibility are crucial.
hipjib is attached to the body via a waist belt or, alternatively, with shoulder straps with varying adjustment options. Due to its small size and little weight you will hardly notice it. Almost any normal tripod will fit by planting two of its legs, or the single leg of a monopod, into hipjib. The tripod head should have the video function of horizontal and vertical camera movements. While one hand holds on to the tripod the other directs tripod head and camera. The cushioned turning axle inside hipjib lets the tripod smoothly pivot vertically while the tripod head can simultaneously be moved into any direction: you now have total control over horizontal, vertical, hovering, and tilt movements. Operation is easy, intuitive, safe, instantly acquired – and great fun!
For more details, visit hipjib – unchaining your camera
(cover photo credit: snap from the site)
Latest posts by Keith Alvendia (see all)
- dailyPlanet5D News 2017-06-21: Best Commercial of Spring, Ultimate Dual Monitor Desk Setup, Strobe vs Natural Light, Get the Blade Runner Look, Zeiss Milvus 35mm F/1.4 Distagon T*, Sandmarc Aerial Filters - June 21, 2017
- Sony a9 Hands-On Review And Problems With Dynamic Range – So It Isn't The Perfect Camera After All? - May 24, 2017
- dailyPlanet5D News 2017-04-26: Thunderbolt 3 speed, Aputure COB, KEH coupon codes, Canon Q1 2017 Results, Triple Lens Holder, Pinhole Photography Tips, NAB Day 1 Wrap Up and More - April 26, 2017