Win a Canon EOS 6D (or Nikon D600) from B&H right here on planet5D!
As a reminder, we're doing a giveaway on the planet5D forums (more info on the giveaway ) and all this week, we're highlighting the products that you might win!
The giveaway ends on July 31st so you still have time to get involved in the forums and post plenty of times to give you a whole bunch of entries to win. Note: just registering in the forums does not give you an entry, you must post!
Our thanks to B&H for being the lead sponsor on this exciting giveaway!
Canon EOS 6D Digital Camera
The Canon EOS 6D Digital Camera (Body Only) is a full-frame 20.2MP DSLR offering exceptionally high image quality and detail while providing compatibility and convenience through its design and features. When paired with the powerful DIGIC 5+ image processor and 14-bit A/D conversion, the full-frame sensor is capable of recording vivid imagery with expanded sensitivity up to ISO 102400. The processing power also affords intelligent noise reduction techniques and the ability to record continuous still images at a rate up to 4.5 full resolution fps.
The 6D employs an 11-point autofocus system for acquiring precise focus regardless of the shooting situation, which is further enhanced by a center cross-type focus point for improved low-light focus sensitivity. The iFCL 63-zone dual layer metering sensor also benefits from the autofocus system when making exposure measurements, and analyzes color and luminance values within the scene to determine accurate exposure settings.
Full HD video recording is possible up to 1080/30p in the All I-frame or IPB compression, as well as the standard H.264/MPEG-4 AVC codec. When recording HD video, full manual control over exposure and sound is possible, enabling you to take complete control over the final appearance of your movies.
Built-in Wi-Fi and GPS technologies also provide extensive connectivity to the 6D. The built-in Wi-Fi capability allows you to take remote control over the 6D when used in conjunction with the Canon EOS Remote app (available for iOS and Android), as well as instantly share the images from your camera to your phone or to the CANON iMAGE GATEWAY. The GPS receiver will automatically record locational data and embed this information into the metadata of your images, allowing you to geotag your shots and map out where each shot was taken.
The 6D features a smaller form factor compared to other full-frame DSLRs, but still integrates a large 3.0″ 1,040K-dot TFT LCD monitor for clear playback and review of your imagery. The construction of the body integrates an aluminum alloy and polycarbonate chassis within a magnesium and polycarbonate shell for durability while still maintaining a lightweight profile.
Canon EOS 6D key specifications
* 20.2MP full frame CMOS sensor
* DIGIC 5+ image processor
* ISO 100-25600 standard, 50-102800 expanded
* 4.5 fps continuous shooting
* ‘Silent' shutter mode
* 1080p30 video recording, stereo sound via external mic
* 11 point AF system, center point cross-type and sensitive to -3 EV
* 63 zone iFCL metering system
* 97% viewfinder coverage; interchangeable screens (including Eg-D grid and Eg-S fine-focus)
* 1040k dot 3:2 3″ ClearView LCD (fixed)
* Single SD card slot
* Built-in Wi-Fi and GPS
* Single-axis electronic level
Key specs compared to EOS 5D Mark III and Nikon D600
(cover photo credit: snap from the site)
Latest posts by Keith Alvendia (see all)
- DJI Officially Launches All New Mavic Air - January 23, 2018
- Free Limited Edition Flight-Case with Your Robot Skin GH5 Purchase - October 30, 2017
- dailyPlanet5D News 2017-06-21: Best Commercial of Spring, Ultimate Dual Monitor Desk Setup, Strobe vs Natural Light, Get the Blade Runner Look, Zeiss Milvus 35mm F/1.4 Distagon T*, Sandmarc Aerial Filters - June 21, 2017