On Sale: Switronix TorchLED Bolt LED Light
The Switronix TorchLED Bolt LED Light is a 200W-equivalent light for attaching to the top of your camera – or (likely via an adapter) to a light stand for use as a “sun gun” on a set or on location. The 16-LED light is powerful enough to use as a fill light outdoors. The TorchLED features a brightness and throw (40-50′) that put it in the range of halogen lights.
If it has a free Powertap output, you can use your existing 14.4V DC brick-style battery for powering this light – a Powertap cable is included. Alternatively, the TorchLED Bolt accepts a Sony L-Series-style battery to supply the needed power. Though it puts out the equivalent of 200W incandescent light, it draws just 22W at maximum light output. At 4100K, which is a blend of full 3000K and 6000K light, the illumination is 3800 lux at 3.3′ (1 m).
* TorchLED Bolt features two knobs for controlling the 5-100% dimming of 3000K light and 6000K light. Once optimal color temperature is set, the on/off switch can be used to preserve the mixture of the two color-temperature sources
* Comes with a carrying case, a snap-on filter holder, and one diffusion gel
Striking with the ability to change between variable color temperature outputs of 5600K and 3200K, the TorchLED BOLT out shines the competition. The TorchLED Bolt allows you to switch between 3200K and 5600K with the touch of 2 On Board Dimming controls (5%-100%), with no noticeable shift in color. The TorchLED Bolt gives a genuine 200 watt light output (7300lux at 2ft, and 3800lux at 1m), with the brightness and throw (40 to 50 feet) of an actual Halogen light in LED form. For event vidoegraphers, DLSR video production and more, The TorchLED Bolt serves as not only an on-camera lighting solution but can be positioned on a light stand for use as “sun gun”.
With its superior brightness the TL-Bolt can even be used outdoors where fill lighting is needed. With the convenient on/off switch, you have the ability to maintain your light settings even when powering off the unit. For powering options, The TorchLED BOLT comes included with a Powertap Cable for DC Powering off of a standard 14.4v brick battery, as well as a built in Sony L-series battery sled. The TL-Bolt also comes with a carrying case, a snap on filter holder, one Diffusion Gel and for on-camera mounting capabilities a 1/4-20 swivel Hot Shoe Mount.
“We’re very excited, we’ve been working on it for some time and it encompasses every feature an LED light should have. ”- Says Switronix product specialist Daniel Moore. He continued to say, “We receive input daily from cameramen still not satisfied with the throw of LED lights but utilizing this new LED technolgy should gain their approval.” Moore making reference to the Bolt’s 40 to 50 foot light throw.
- Material of Light Housing: Black, ABS
- Dimensions: 5.59″L × 4″W × 2.95″H (Light Body)
- Color Temperature: 3000K-6000K
- Illumination: Approx. 1800LUX(3200K, 1m), 2000LUX(5600K, 1m), combined over 200w output equivalent
- Weight: 1.15lbs.
- Electrical Consumption: 16w
- Power Supply: DC 7.2V-16.8V, Sony DV Battery
- Light Adjustment: PWM (pulse width modulation)
- Dimming Range: 5%-100%
Over the past decade, Switronix has established itself as one of the most prominent suppliers of batteries and charging solutions in the professional film and video industry. Switronix’s line also includes superior LED lighting, camera supports, converter cables, and accessories. For more information about Switronix, please visit switronix.com.
Visit Switronix TorchLED Bolt On-Camera LED Light for Full Product Specifications
(cover photo credit: snap from the Site)
Latest posts by Keith Alvendia (see all)
- dailyPlanet5D News 2017-06-21: Best Commercial of Spring, Ultimate Dual Monitor Desk Setup, Strobe vs Natural Light, Get the Blade Runner Look, Zeiss Milvus 35mm F/1.4 Distagon T*, Sandmarc Aerial Filters - June 21, 2017
- Sony a9 Hands-On Review And Problems With Dynamic Range – So It Isn't The Perfect Camera After All? - May 24, 2017
- dailyPlanet5D News 2017-04-26: Thunderbolt 3 speed, Aputure COB, KEH coupon codes, Canon Q1 2017 Results, Triple Lens Holder, Pinhole Photography Tips, NAB Day 1 Wrap Up and More - April 26, 2017