The folks at Jaybilizer have just announced a new product called the “Rail Runner Camera Dolly System” that they wanted to share with the planet5D readers…
Jaybilizer LLC’s Rail Runner Camera Dolly System
Many filmmakers and videographers are looking for an affordable and portable camera dolly system to add smooth tracking shots to their productions. The Rail Runner system delivers the benefits of a skate dolly combined with the smoothness and versatility of a rail dolly. With its exclusive “rail hugger” wheel system, it can be used on any flat surface for orbiting, low angle, and tabletop product shots; or it can be mounted on rails or ride on wood planks for ultra-smooth long tracking shots.
Smooth Rail System
The system consists of a camera dolly and two rail ends. The user can use inexpensive ¾ inch PVC pipe, electrical conduit, or even schedule 40 iron pipe in lengths up to 12 feet as rails. The rail ends are easy to pack and transport and can be mounted on tripods, baby pins, C-stands, lighting stands or used on the ground. The inexpensive rails can be acquired on location at a home improvement or hardware store to avoid transporting. The rails and dolly can be rigged in a variety of configurations. a cinematographer can get shots, like overhead tracking shots that usually require heavy and expensive dollies or jib arms.
Versatile Camera Dolly
The camera dolly features an exclusive “rail hugger” dual wheel system, so that the dolly can be used on any flat surface; or the it can be mounted on rails or ride on wood planks for ultra-smooth tracking shots.
The dolly also features locking axles so that it tracks straight, or the axles can be unlocked so that it can be steered for orbiting shots. The chassis features five 1/4 -20 mounting holes that can be used to mount accessory arms or ball or fluid tripod heads. The system can also be purchased with a Vanguard SBH-20 ball head.
Rail Runner Camera Dolly System Continued
Rail Runner Features:
* Can be rolled on flat surfaces or ride on rails * Lightweight and portable, fits in carry-on luggage
* Uses inexpensive easy-to-acquire pipe as rails
* Lockable and steerable axles
* High quality bearings and wheels for ultra-smooth tracking
* Versatile rail-mounting system
The system was designed by a filmmaker for filmmakers and videographers shooting with DSLR and lightweight cinema cameras and can handle camera rigs up to 8 pounds. The entire system is handcrafted in the USA, and features a durable powder-coated finish.
The Rail Runner camera dolly system is introductory priced at $199 with a Vanguard SBH-20ball head or $179 without a ball head, and is in stock and available for purchase today at jaybilizer.com.
About Jaybilizer LLC
Jaybilizer LLC was founded in 2009 by Jay Shaffer to make affordable camera support gear for filmmakers. Jay Shaffer is a filmmaker, digital cinematographer, video editor and educator.
|Disclaimer: these guys are not a planet5D sponsor. (see more on our eithics page). We publish gear news because our users have asked us to let them know when we find things that may help them improve their shooting. If you're a gear maker and would like us to publish your HDSLR related products, please contact planet5D|
(cover photo credit: snap from the Press)
Latest posts by Keith Alvendia (see all)
- dailyPlanet5D News 2017-06-21: Best Commercial of Spring, Ultimate Dual Monitor Desk Setup, Strobe vs Natural Light, Get the Blade Runner Look, Zeiss Milvus 35mm F/1.4 Distagon T*, Sandmarc Aerial Filters - June 21, 2017
- Sony a9 Hands-On Review And Problems With Dynamic Range – So It Isn't The Perfect Camera After All? - May 24, 2017
- dailyPlanet5D News 2017-04-26: Thunderbolt 3 speed, Aputure COB, KEH coupon codes, Canon Q1 2017 Results, Triple Lens Holder, Pinhole Photography Tips, NAB Day 1 Wrap Up and More - April 26, 2017