If you’ve ever wondered what it takes to compile Magic Lantern from scratch, then this is the video for you!
Magic Lantern often has pre-compiled versions for us to download, but they also have a “nightly build” which is just the source code that has been updated that day – and if you want the absolute latest version of the code, then you’ll have to compile (build an executable) it yourself.
By the way, this is done on Windows… having not tried this myself, I don’t know if it is different for mac users.
Beginners Guide to Compiling Magic Lantern
This is a true beginners guide to getting you to compile Magic Lantern by yourself to try new features that you just cant wait for.
The past 3+ weeks have been pretty amazing! Just look at this coverage we’ve had!
- Largest collection of Magic Lantern RAW HDSLR video on the planet
- Largest collection of Magic Lantern RAW HDSLR video on the planet part II
- Largest collection of Magic Lantern RAW HDSLR video on the planet part III
- Largest collection of Magic Lantern RAW HDSLR video on the planet part IIII
- Magic Lantern 3x zoom – triple every lens in your bag! New Demo Shows How
- Magic Lantern 3x zoom – how to tutorial/a>
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II Magic Lantern VS Blackmagic Cinema Camera Raw Video – A OR B?
- Magic Lantern code – how has it changed over time? Well, in short, a LOT!
- Saving one step in the Magic Lantern RAW video process with Lightroom & LR Timelapse
- Magic Lantern RAW video kills H.264 for high ISO video! Are multiples of ISO 160 still right?
- Is it possible to record RAW video straight to SSD with Magic Lantern? CF to SSD?
- Luke Neumann on Magic Lantern Canon 5D Mark III RAW video
- More Magic Lantern magic – the video “zoom” feature
- Magic Lantern Canon EOS 5D Mark III RAW video vs Blackmagic Cinema Camera!
- First Magic Lantern RAW video short shot on Canon EOS 5D Mark III released
- Updates on the RAW video progress from Magic Lantern for the Canon EOS 5D Mark III
- RAW 24fps DNG video hits the Canon EOS 5D Mark III via Magic Lantern!
- Magic Lantern RAW video for the Canon EOS 5D Mark III comes to the mac & OSX
- Magic Lantern Raw Video Test – H.264 vs. Hacked GH2 vs. 5D3 Raw Video
- Student creates live monitoring tool for Magic Lantern HDR video
(cover photo credit: snap from the video)
Latest posts by planetMitch (see all)
- Cinemartin announces Cinemartin Denoiser video noise reduction software - August 30, 2014
- Zack Arnold “Burn Notice” editor – the best podcast we’ve done! MUST LISTEN - August 13, 2014
- Shane Hurlbut on the latest planet5D podcast! - August 6, 2014