We've been amazed at the progress the Magic Lantern team has made on the Canon EOS 5D Mark III RAW DNG video feature they've added to the tool – and we've posted a couple of items in the last couple of days about it, but one thing that is confusing is how to process the output (and again, this is still an ALPHA version so hopefully, the process will become easier in the near future).
planetLuke has created a short tutorial on how to get the files processed which we share below.
- Magic Lantern Canon EOS 5D Mark III RAW video vs Blackmagic Cinema Camera!
- First Magic Lantern RAW video short shot on Canon EOS 5D Mark III released
- Updates on the RAW video progress from Magic Lantern for the Canon EOS 5D Mark III
- RAW 24fps DNG video hits the Canon EOS 5D Mark III via Magic Lantern!
Magic Lantern – Raw Video Workflow Tutorial
Description and links
Download raw file, H.264 comparison shot, and the raw2dng.exe file here:
Tutorial on how to make SD/CF card bootable/install Magic Lantern:
Follow Magic Lantern on Facebook or Twitter for updates:
Check out our website or like and follow on Facebook and Twitter:
(cover photo credit: snap from the video)
Latest posts by planetMitch (see all)
- Location Scouting? Blocker: An Augmented Reality Director's Viewfinder - October 20, 2017
- Scoutt – A Worldwide Platform for Location Scouting for Your Photo/Video Shoot - October 16, 2017
- The Syrp Giveaway Winners Have Been Drawn! - October 13, 2017