Also, there's a great article with info on many of the LockCircle products from NAB: “NAB 2013: LockCircle – LockCircle Remote Control Lenses & Accessories” from HDSLR shooter including the wireless K-Circle
LockCircle LockPort USB
The LockPort USB is a new product developed to help avoid damaging your 5D Mark2 and Mark3 mini USB camera port.
The LockPort USB protects the fragile output on your camera from tough production abuse with a rock solid innovative ultra-thin clamp and a smart “mini to full-size” USB adapter.
The LockPort USB plate is designed to fit easily every head, baseplate, sliding plate, in the market using the original camera screws already there. Ready in 10 seconds!
The LockPort USB safely secures a 90° REAR output “mini to full-size” USB adapter, protecting forever the “expensive to repair” mini USB port on your HDSLR camera.
The Adapter has gold plated contacts and the full-size female output allows you to use stronger standard USB cables, you can purchase everywhere!
Standard size USB plugs locks more securely in the socket – no data loose, and if somebody accidentally walks over your cable, the plug still can pop-out saving your camera from falling on the ground.
The full-size USB 90° REAR position offers best cable ergonomics solution on your production set-up!
Can be ordered now, shipped in 24 hours!
Price List USD 139,00 Euro 129,00 plus shipment
LockPort USB highlights
– Two different models for Canon 5D mark 2 and Mark 3.
– Saves the “expensive to repair” mini USB port on your 5D cameras.
– Full-Size USB output allows you to use stronger standard cables.
– Standard size USB plugs locks securely in the socket – no signal loose!
– 90° REAR output for btter production layout set-up.
– Gold plated contacts.
– Rock solid ultra-thin base clamp, can work on every plate, head, sliding plate, rig, support in the market.
– Don't need longer camera screws to be mounted.
– Ready in a few seconds.
– Survival spare parts kit available.
– Reliable long-lasting product!
(cover photo credit: snap from the Press Release)