Today we're releasing Grain35 v2.0.
Grain35 v2.0 is real 35mm and 16mm film grain that you can easily add to your own footage. Just drag and drop Grain35 v2.0 onto your clips to add the beautiful texture of real photochemically processed film. Grain35 v2.0 includes the signature grain of 11 different 35mm and 16mm film stocks and is available at 1920×1080 and 4K HD resolution in ProRes 4444 format.
Grain35 is a comprehensive package of real 35mm and 16mm film grain for your FCP, Premiere, or Avid projects.
We've rebuilt it from scratch, and it's looking really good.
If you own Grain35 v1.0, the upgrade is free. If you're new to Grain35, here's a coupon that will get you $50 off Grain35 V2.0 – good for 1 week:
You can use the coupon HERE(and see pretty pictures)
WHAT'S NEW IN V2.0
– All 12 film stocks have been re-photographed, and new Arrilaser DPX scans have been created of each. Delivery is still in ProRes 4444.
– A completely new color pipeline was used, with Rec. 709 as the output color space (since Grain35 is most commonly used in internet and broadcast contexts).
– Green color cast on two stocks has been corrected.
– Static texture visible on several stocks has been corrected.
– Each film stock now has an accurate grain to pixel ratio.
– v2.0 just looks a lot better across the board.
Go HERE to check out Grain35 v2.0
|Disclaimer: these guys are not a planet5D sponsor. (see more on our eithics page). We publish gear news because our users have asked us to let them know when we find things that may help them improve their shooting. If you're a gear maker and would like us to publish your HDSLR related products, please contact planet5D|
(cover photo credit: snap from the press release)
Latest posts by Keith Alvendia (see all)
- DJI Officially Launches All New Mavic Air - January 23, 2018
- Free Limited Edition Flight-Case with Your Robot Skin GH5 Purchase - October 30, 2017
- dailyPlanet5D News 2017-06-21: Best Commercial of Spring, Ultimate Dual Monitor Desk Setup, Strobe vs Natural Light, Get the Blade Runner Look, Zeiss Milvus 35mm F/1.4 Distagon T*, Sandmarc Aerial Filters - June 21, 2017