If you’re in the market for training on how to better use your Canon Rebel T5i, this ebook is the first on the market and very thorough. I’ve been thru several of Doug’s other training books (he has them for just about every Canon and Nikon camera – check them here!) and you’ll get a lot out of them if you’re not very comfortable with your camera and don’t like reading the mfg’s manual.
The Still Photography Guide to Operation and Image Creation with the Canon Rebel T5i / EOS 700D
Canon T5i / 700D Experience – The Still Photography Guide to Operation and Image Creation is an e book user’s guide for the Rebel T5i / EOS 700D that will help you learn the features, settings, and controls of this advanced, versatile camera. It goes beyond the manual to explain not only how but also when and why to use the features, settings, and controls in your photography.
Written in the clear, concise, and comprehensive manner of all Full Stop guides, Canon T5i / 700D Experience will help you learn to use your Rebel T5i / EOS 700D quickly and competently, to consistently create the types of images you want to capture.
As one Canon user has said about Doug’s previous T4i / 650D guide:
“The author skillfully unlocks all of the camera’s features and power, while offering clear guidance about how to use them to achieve the camera’s full potential. This is not just an explanation of each feature, but a roadmap for their best use…in combination with good photographic technique.”
This instant download Canon T5i / 700D book is for those who wish to get more out of their camera and to go beyond Full Auto and Program modes and shoot in Aperture Priority (Av), Shutter Priority (Tv), and Manual (M) modes. To get you set up, it begins with explanations and recommended settings for all Menu settings, Movie Mode Menu settings, and Custom Function settings of the T5i / 700D. It covers basic dSLR camera functions and exposure concepts for those new to digital SLR photography, and explains more advanced camera controls and operation, such as using the various metering modes and exposure compensation for correct exposure of every image, controlling autofocus modes and focus points for sharp focus of still or moving subjects, utilizing dramatic depth of field for professional looking photographs, and taking control of the built-in flash or an external Speedlite.
Canon T5i / 700D Experience Continued
Canon T5i / 700D Experience not only covers the various settings, functions and controls of the Rebel T5i / EOS 700D, but also explains when and why to use them for your photography. The guide focuses on still-photography with an introduction to the movie menus and settings to get you up and running with video. Sections include:
* Setting Up Your Camera – All of the Menu settings and Custom Function settings for the T5i / 700D, including movie mode menus, with brief descriptions and recommended settings for practical, everyday use. Set up and customize the advanced features of this dSLR to work best for the way you photograph.
* Camera Controls – Description of all of the camera’s controls, plus when and why to use them, including how to take advantage of the Touch Screen and Quick Control settings screens.
* Aperture Priority (Av), Shutter Priority (Tv), and Manual (M) Modes – How and when to use them to create dramatic depth of field, freeze or express motion, or take total control over exposure settings.
* Auto Focusing Modes and Drive Modes – How they differ, how and when to use them to capture sharp images of both still and moving subjects. Also how and when to use focus lock and back-button focusing.
* Exposure Metering Modes of the Canon T5i / 700D – How they differ, how and when to use them for correct exposures in every situation. Also how to make use of exposure lock.
* Histograms, Exposure Compensation, Bracketing, and White Balance – Understanding and using these features for adjusting to the proper exposure in challenging lighting situations.
* Flash – Explanation of the settings for the built-in flash, external Speedlites, and wireless flash.
* Lenses – Explanation of Canon lenses and choosing your next lens.
* Composition – Brief tips, techniques, and explanations, including the creative use of depth of field.
* The Image Taking Process – A descriptive tutorial for using the settings and controls you just learned to take still and action photos.
* Photography Accessories – The most useful accessories for day-to-day and travel photography including those specific to the T5i / 700D, plus recommended photography books.
* Introduction to Video Settings – Some basic settings to get you started.
Title: Canon T5i / 700D Experience – Now Available!
Author: Douglas Klostermann
Page Count: 214 pages, illustrated
Price: $12.99 secure payment with PayPal or Credit card (via PayPal)
Format: PDF or EPUB format
To get this ebook, visit Canon T5i / 700D Experience
(cover photo credit: snap from the post)
Latest posts by planetMitch (see all)
- 4K Video Panoramic from the Canon 5D Mark II (or any full HD DSLR) - March 31, 2015
- Dual Pixel like video autofocus unleashed with Redrock Focus Tracking! - March 27, 2015
- SHOCK! Canon surprises everyone with Canon 4k Video Concept Camera - March 26, 2015