The Basics of Time Lapse Photography with Vincent Laforet
Explorer of Light Vincent Laforet explains the basics of time lapse photography in this beautiful series. Travel with him from the rugged canyons of Utah to the Las Vegas Strip, and learn how to make your own unique time lapse movies.
Topics covered in this series include:
* Suggested camera equipment and accessories needed to shoot time lapse, including how to use the Timer Remote Controller TC-80N3.
* How to optimize your EOS camera settings and features for capturing time lapse images.
* Calculating minimum frames needed and accurate interval settings to ensure smooth movement for projects of any length.
* Creative considerations for lensing, movement, and composition.
* Understanding the benefit of shooting time lapse with RAW files, and processing your images with Digital Photo Professional for dynamic results.
* How to manage time lapse workflow, and assemble and export your finished time lapse movie with Apple QuickTime Pro.
Episode 1: An Introduction
Vincent Laforet introduces basic time lapse concepts including what to look for when searching for the ideal time lapse subjects, how to ensure smooth movement during playback, and other useful tips to get started.
Episode 2: Setting Up Your Camera
Review camera setting to optimize your EOS system for shooting time lapse sequences, including Vincent's tips on camera features to enable or disable, shooting in Manual Mode, the benefits of shooting in the RAW format, and more
Episode 3: Creative Choices for Time Lapse
In this episode you will see Vincent's tips on creating engaging compositions, using multiple cameras (when possible), ideal shooting ratios for time lapse, and more.
Episode 4: Post Production for Time Lapse
In this episode, learn Vincent's methods for maintaining an organized workflow, and how to assemble and export your finished time lapse movie with Apple QuickTime Pro.
Check out the post from Canon HERE
(cover photo credit: snap from the video)